Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

861 - 867 of 867 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tim here from suburban Chicago. I grew up on minibikes and enduros but got away from riding when I started "adulting". Then in 2007 I got a Victory Kingpin and have been riding that since. I wanted to get back in the dirt, so I just bought a 2017 Camo KLR 650. Hope to get in a few good rides before it gets arctic here.

·
Premium Member
7,291 Posts
Tim here from suburban Chicago. I grew up on minibikes and enduros but got away from riding when I started "adulting". Then in 2007 I got a Victory Kingpin and have been riding that since. I wanted to get back in the dirt, so I just bought a 2017 Camo KLR 650. Hope to get in a few good rides before it gets arctic here.
Welcome to the forum Tim S. Check your engine oil before the 1st start every day, until you get used to your bikes habits.
And You need to read this before you ride much, DPelletier's common new KLR owner mistakes to avoid

If you haven't already. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Tim S., what suburb of Chicago? I'm in St Charles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bryan here. I am originally from Las Vegas, but I recently moved and now call Hattiesburg, Mississippi home. I have been riding for about 14 years, but I am new to adventure riding. I just sold my first love, a '79 KZ650, and bought my first KLR. It is an '09 and it's in great shape. I have already swapped out the dogbones to raise the suspension and swapped from a lowered seat to a stock seat as I am 6' 4" and the prior owner was much smaller. This forum has already been a huge help and I am glad to join y'all. I look forward to spending a lot of time on the road with my new toy.

·
Premium Member
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the forum, 650invegas.
If that Lime Green drive chain needs repetitive 'adjustment', I'll suggest a higher Quality drive chain to be necessary.
The lower run of the chain needs to be loose enough to be gently lifted to just touch the rear tip of the rubber under-slider.

If too tight, one will inadvertently continue to re-adjust & re-adjust, because the chain is being pulled to less than 'zero' slack by suspension movement.

But many of those 'Colored Chains' are simply CHEAP CHAINS.

861 - 867 of 867 Posts