Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1001 - 1020 of 1047 Posts

·
Registered
2002 KLR650
198 Posts
Hello everyone. I just put a deposit down on a new Klr today. If I can get everything done this week I’ll pick it up Friday. This is my first bike. I’ve been wanting one for over fifteen years. Finally doing it at 48 years old.
This is her it’s going to be a long week waiting to pick it up. I’m excited and nervous. Got a lot to learn.
I’m in the upstate of South Carolina.
View attachment 30491 View attachment 30492
Beautiful, good choice. Just started with my first this last February with a Gen 1. Welcome to the forum as well.

·
Registered
2000 KLR 650
15 Posts
Very exciting! Riding is great, take it slow and get some crash bars and good gear! I have been riding dirt bikes since I was a little kid and I still learn something new every time I am out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello, friends. I live in Jefferson, OR and am about to buy a KLR 650. This will be my first motorcycle. I've wanted one for many years.
heck yeah ! Go for it . Lovin' mine . I wore trails in my yard learning to ride it enough to head out on the back roads . Still learning every time I ride . Learned a lot from youtube too . Have not taken the MSF course yet but I will . The learning curve would be shorter with a smaller bike but I like the klr just fine .

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Hello, friends. I live in Jefferson, OR and am about to buy a KLR 650. This will be my first motorcycle. I've wanted one for many years.
Welcome to the forum. I am a little further up the Willamette Valley and the KLR was my first motorcycle also. Good luck with your purchase.

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
1,435 Posts
For you noobs, be sure to read this link and save it for reference.

·
Registered
2003 KLR
18 Posts
Hi all,

I just recently bought a used 2003 KLR which is going to need some work. I live a little east of Sacramento and there are so many trails that I'm itching to try soon. I've been riding a cruiser as my first but I have been wanting a bike that can be both on and off road for a while now. The height difference took a little to get used to but I'm already loving it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey there from Tallong Australia. They grew apples here once, until a big bad bushfire wiped them out. We nearly got eaten by another one recently, but were saved by rain at the the 11th hour. I have been riding various bikes since I was about 14, now 51 and more scared than ever of coming off, yet cant shake this riding addiction. The older you get the easier you break and longer you take to heal.

Just bought a 2nd hand 2016 KLR with 14000Ks on it (that's 14 million metres if I'm right, but don't ask me to tell you how long a mile is!). Don't get enough time to ride, because work gets in the way. I think I should quit my job or at least go part time, hey?
Hoping to do more riding with my son as he has just got his Learner's Permit. Good excuse to give the trouble and strife anyway!
I'm keen to find tips and tricks to improve my bike. I was a bit disappointed in how much power it lacks and I have a miss under load at 110Kmh to sort out. Wondering if it might be a filter in the line entering the carby - is that removable/cleanable? (The plug is fine)
I also read somewhere in here about fuel lock presumably due to 'too good a seal' on the fuel tank. Has anyone got a good remedy for that?

Thanks and what a great forum!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi all,

I just recently bought a used 2003 KLR which is going to need some work. I live a little east of Sacramento and there are so many trails that I'm itching to try soon. I've been riding a cruiser as my first but I have been wanting a bike that can be both on and off road for a while now. The height difference took a little to get used to but I'm already loving it.
being considerably under 6 feet tall , my klr took a little getting used too as well . It is also the first motorcycle I have ridden in four decades so , no doubt any bike would take some getting used too . what a fun bike to ride once you get the feel of it , though. No regrets on my choice . It is not a motocross but I did not get it to be one . Even the narrow , twisty paved roads I ride would not be as much fun on a low, heavy cruiser not to mention the dirt ones . Cheers .

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
I'm keen to find tips and tricks to improve my bike. I was a bit disappointed in how much power it lacks and I have a miss under load at 110Kmh to sort out.
I think that you possibly still have the power reduction part in your carburetor (throttle slide), for the Australian LAM's qualification.

Read this thread, from the 'Global Forums' Australia sub section. And click on its contained links.
Under powered KLR, Any Advice?

Australian throttle slide, KLR650 australia carburetor - Google Search

·
Registered
2022 KLR 650 Adventure
44 Posts
Hello,

I'm new to the KLR for 2022 but not new to riding. Nice to meet you all. I've ridden them before but never owned until this morning. I'm mostly a commuter, but I hope to someday ramp off of a rock or something like that. Most of my riding experience has been on a Honda Shadow ACE 750 and a FZR 1000.

If anyone has any knowledge on what windshields fit the 2022 model, please let me know. I'll be on the highway a lot. I'm also interested in other farkles and comfort mods. Planning to paint my pig orange. I'm not a fan of the camouflaged look.

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
1,435 Posts
The 2022’s are just hitting the street, so the questions about replacement windshields and other farkles are also new. I’m not aware of any yet. We all will have to wait and see what the aftermarket provides.

·
Registered
3 Posts
:)
Pretty please???
It's great to have you introduce yourself, but we also would like to know where you're from, too!!

If you're shy, you don't even need to post your town, but at least what part of the country you're from.. That way people in your area can get to know you, or even better, meet you!!!

<--- Please fill in the 'Location' on your personal profile page. User CP/Edit Your Details

This information makes it much easier for other members to answer/comment on your posts.
Pretty please???
It's great to have you introduce yourself, but we also would like to know where you're from, too!!

If you're shy, you don't even need to post your town, but at least what part of the country you're from.. That way people in your area can get to know you, or even better, meet you!!!

<--- Please fill in the 'Location' on your personal profile page. User CP/Edit Your Details

This information makes it much easier for other members to answer/comment on your posts.
Hello from Lakewood Colorado! I'm from Dallas but call Colorado home for over 30 years. I bought my first KLR new in 2006 and every time I sell one I have to buy another because I miss it. Hard to explain. It's the bike I hate to love and since my first I have owned 5 KLR's. I've had just about everything you can ride on 2 wheels and enjoy the simplicity of the KLR, the maneuverability and versatility in almost any situation. I'm all about the cockroach. I'm 65, if you want to ride let's go!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello, new member from Calgary in the hinterlands of Canada. I've got a 2004 with about 70,000 km on it, been on lots of good adventures. I've rebuilt it a couple times and she's still running strong, but just 4 weeks ago I hit a deer on the highway and went sliding. The bike and I are both getting rehab. These old KLRs can take a serious beating and can be fixed up with bubble gum and duct tape, but parts are getting harder to find. Fortunately, Kawi must have made a million of them so used parts still show up. She'll be on the road again soon.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
The bike and I are both getting rehab.
Fortunately, Kawi must have made a million of them so used parts still show up. She'll be on the road again soon.
Glad to hear you are both healing. I've hit a deer once, myself on a Ninja 900.
Ride Safe.

Reactions: KLR04

·
Registered
2002 KLR650
198 Posts
Hello, new member from Calgary in the hinterlands of Canada. I've got a 2004 with about 70,000 km on it, been on lots of good adventures. I've rebuilt it a couple times and she's still running strong, but just 4 weeks ago I hit a deer on the highway and went sliding. The bike and I are both getting rehab. These old KLRs can take a serious beating and can be fixed up with bubble gum and duct tape, but parts are getting harder to find. Fortunately, Kawi must have made a million of them so used parts still show up. She'll be on the road again soon. View attachment 30647
Beautiful bike, glad you’re healing up, hope you heal up fully and get the klr back to how youd like it.

·
Registered
2018 KLR650
5 Posts
Greetings from Michigan

Purchased my first ever 2018 KLR 650 on July 1 w/ just over 4000 miles on it, and have put about 1200 miles on it since. I rode dirt bikes with friends as a kid, but this is my first ever bike owned personally (my wife calls it my mid-life crisis...which may not be completely inaccurate!) This past weekend I installed the KLRdash lower power panel and rally dash kits (stock windshield), and so far am pleased with both mods.

Love the forums and everyone's collected wisdom and information posted here. Clearly a great group of folks. Looking forward to being a part of it all!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pretty please???

Granby Missouri area

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Granby Missouri area
It would be GREAT if you would all put that info into your personal information, so we can 'hoover' a cursor over your name and SEE it! Because I will not remember it tomorrow!

Or put it into a signature line, with year of your bike!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Beautiful bike, glad you’re healing up, hope you heal up fully and get the klr back to how youd like it.
Much appreciated. Both repairs are coming along well. I've already got the bike running (had to repair a broken piece in the crank case and rebuild the clutch), and rode it around the block lol. The front cowling and headlight mount are last on the fix it list. My injuries are about a month or two from full recovery.

1001 - 1020 of 1047 Posts