Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1021 - 1040 of 1047 Posts

·
Registered
2018 KLR650
5 Posts
Much appreciated. Both repairs are coming along well. I've already got the bike running (had to repair a broken piece in the crank case and rebuild the clutch), and rode it around the block lol. The front cowling and headlight mount are last on the fix it list. My injuries are about a month or two from full recovery.
I echo the hopes for your full recovery. We have deer everywhere here in Michigan, and I've hit more than my fair share over the years with vehicles. Hitting one on my bike is one of my biggest concerns when riding. Sometimes they just pop out of nowhere. No close calls yet, but I'm only 2 months on the bike.

·
Registered
2007 KLR 650
67 Posts
:)
Pretty please???
It's great to have you introduce yourself, but we also would like to know where you're from, too!!

If you're shy, you don't even need to post your town, but at least what part of the country you're from.. That way people in your area can get to know you, or even better, meet you!!!

<--- Please fill in the 'Location' on your personal profile page. User CP/Edit Your Details

This information makes it much easier for other members to answer/comment on your posts.
Howdy Fellow Piggy Riders,

3rd time KLR owner here on my second 2007 1st Gen ! Retired US Army guy living in Phoenix, Arizona. Willing to ride and explore AZ anytime, anywhere.

Kent Organ Smile Water Fun Travel

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Retired US Army guy living in Phoenix, Arizona. Willing to ride and explore AZ anytime, anywhere.
Put that info into a signature line!

Because I will have forgotten it by tomorrow!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone I’m new here and picking up my first 2022 klr 650 adventure it’s my first klr have had a couple GS’s in the past but they are to much off-road and for the price of a 2022 r1250gsa you can have 4 klr’s I’m gonna give it a shot😁

·
Registered
3 Posts
Growing up or growing old I'm back to smaller and light. I sat on the latest version and I think it will be my next bike to replace a 2021 Honda ATAS (6 speed, not the DCT if anyone wants it, 1600 miles, perfect condition). I've had 3 BMW airhead GS models and had the chance to ride the R80 (the lightest on) on the same trails the same day using a '88KLR. The only advantage the BMW had was it didn't seem to fall as fast when I lost it in the same rutted hill climb. Maybe I was moving faster on the KLR. Whatever. I'm glad to be here, hoping to learn all I can and would love to find an old and unloved KLR just to restore it to good service. Like the air cooled boxers, especially from late 70's to mid 80's they outlast all riders and other machines. And I have found I have little use for electronic doodads and geegaws. Good riding to all here, git in what you can as winter is closer than we think. Cheers.

·
Registered
2016 klr 650
1 Posts
:)
Pretty please???
It's great to have you introduce yourself, but we also would like to know where you're from, too!!

If you're shy, you don't even need to post your town, but at least what part of the country you're from.. That way people in your area can get to know you, or even better, meet you!!!

<--- Please fill in the 'Location' on your personal profile page. User CP/Edit Your Details

This information makes it much easier for other members to answer/comment on your posts.
hello. I live in PA and im from France,i have a 2016 klr and i always look at your forum ,you guys are super nice i have a lot of imformation from this forum .Sorry my English is not very good. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Guys, It just doesn't do much good to post your location or bike year into a single posting. We will forget it in 5 minutes or less!

You need to either include that information in your personal info that will show when the cursor is hoovered over your name or into a signature line that will appear on screen EVERYTIME.

Reactions: PeteK

·
Registered
2022 KLR 650, (Daytona 675R back @home)
1 Posts
Hi all!

New KLR owner here, I got my self a 2022 lava orange base model and after 450 miles in just a couple of days, I understand the love that everyone develop for these little tanks! <3

Im from Costa Rica, currently living in Tulsa, OK; any other riders in the area?

Heading Austin, TX next week for the MotoGP, routes suggestions accepted

Pura vida

·
Registered
1 Posts
Buongiorno from Italy. I am an American living abroad and just got back into riding after a 12 year hiatus. Picked up a 2018 KLR with only 4200 miles last week and only 300 miles in, I'm in love with the bike and being back in the saddle.

The bike is mechanicly stock but lots of ADV farkles are added,. Engine crash bars with highway pegs, skid/bash plate, KLR trunk bag, tank bag, and handlebar bag,. Maddog panniers, off road LED spotlights, tusk pegs, bark busters. Bike is in great condition and I was able to out her through some varied riding on the 200 mile trip home. All seems good based on that first ride.

Looking to do some comfort/electrical mods such as heated grips and volt meter and maybe the Thermal -Bob since I plan on riding through the winter months.

Forum is a great community and I'm glad to be joining it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, my name is Jeff. I have been riding a Honda ST1100 for many years, but want to do a trip to Tuktoyaktuk, CA in summer 2022. Obviously I can't do that on the ST, so I am currently looking at a 1995 KLR650 in great condition with 12,000 miles. The seller is asking $2600. Is that a fair price? It is in stock condition with normal maintenance performed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just picked up a stock 2007 KLR650 with 60k miles on it. Someone took good care of it because it looks great and runs like a champ. Looking forward to learning from this forum. View attachment 31012 View attachment 31013
Welcome aboard Scotty and congrats on your new toy. It looks great! I see that you are in Florida. If you are up near the panhandle, then we will need to meet up for a ride or two. I am in Southern Mississippi and there are not a lot of us members in the gulf coast area. I am from out west originally and am always looking for trail suggestions here in the South.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 KLR650, 2013 FJR1300
3 Posts
Welcome aboard Scotty and congrats on your new toy. It looks great! I see that you are in Florida. If you are up near the panhandle, then we will need to meet up for a ride or two. I am in Southern Mississippi and there are not a lot of us members in the gulf coast area. I am from out west originally and am always looking for trail suggestions here in the South.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Thanks. I’m way down here in Sarasota.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Name is Steve, last bike I had was a V65 Magna that I sold in 93, been on quads since. Always wanted a KLR and decided to trade my Brute in for a new 22 Pearl Lava for the versatility.
Certified mechanic in 1986 and have been a Bladesmith since 2005 (FIF Champion 4-09) looking forward to getting back into the 2 wheel swing of things and doing a little trail riding.
Not the greatest with computers so if I post pics sideways or slightly out of frame, it's not intentional, I'm just challenged.

·
Registered
2015 Kawasaki KLR 650
4 Posts
Name is Todd and hail from the beautiful Pacific Northwestern Washington state. My new-to-me 2015 KLR is my first motorcycle and I've already taken it to some awesome places. I purchased it about two months ago and have jumped right into basic maintenance and just added a basket to the rear rack for toting some goodies. I look forward to being a part of this community. After tons of research, the KLR is definitely me.

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
1,435 Posts
Up around Port Angeles. Great riding around there. Magnificent view from the top of Hurricane Ridge.

·
Registered
2015 Kawasaki KLR 650
4 Posts
Up around Port Angeles. Great riding around there. Magnificent view from the top of Hurricane Ridge.
Yeah, Its beautiful up here. I just found a fire road that leads up to an old fire watch tower that offers amazing views of the sound and the Pacific on a clear day. Where are you from?

1021 - 1040 of 1047 Posts