Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1041 - 1047 of 1047 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
1,435 Posts
Kalama. Down near Vancouver, WA. Several years back I rode my Hawg up around the Olympic Peninsula, and I’ve done that several more times in a car. Too late for this year to take the KLR, so that will have to wait for next year.

·
Registered
2022 Kawasaki KLR 650 Adventure
18 Posts
Been lurking and posted a few times here recently but since I took possession of my 2022 Adventure model a week and a half ago I figured I better make it official and post an introduction.

My name is Eric, I live in the upstate of SC at the foothills of the Great Smokey Mts. Lots of amazing riding right outside my back door! I sold my Yamaha FJR to a buddy of mine who had been pining for it for years (he got bit by the Iron Butt bug). I really loved that bike but found that in the last few months that I've been wanting to get back to my roots a bit and look at the adventure segment. The KLR came out with the fuel injection and it was a no brainer for me. So far I absolutely love the KLR! I don't really miss the FJR with it's gobs of power - it sounds crazy but I'm probably having more fun on the KLR than I had on the FJR in awhile.
Anyway enough blabbering just wanted to introduce myself and just like the FJR forums I can see there is also a wealth of information sharing and camaraderie here also. I look forward to learning from you all and in time hope to be able to contribute! Thanks

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
17 Posts
Hi All, Chris Davis here! new to the KLR family with my 2022 KLR650 purchased last day in Sep 2021! I plan to ride it in the mountains of Colorado/ Wyoming and Utah Desert. Bucket List would be a Baja trip! I wanted a dual sport bike and man the KLR just really caught my eye every time I was at a motorcycle dealership! When I realized the price, I was sold. Then I started doing a ton of research and had no idea about the heritage of the bike. I grew up riding Yamaha dirt bikes but after a few accidents by me and my Dad and my uncle, we had to sell all our bikes.. Never considered myself a Kawasaki or Honda guy. I am really curious to learn about the Kawasaki motorcycle heritage, why folks are loyal to the brand and what does KLR stand for? Kawasaki Land Rover?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello. My name is jeff and I am from SE Ohio. Been riding some sort of 2 wheeled death trap for 35 years. Trials bikes to gold wings and now on an 07’ klr. I must admit this may be my all time favorite. Currently eyeing an 2022 adventure but the abs scares me a tad. Anywho, glad to be here and hopefully I can contribute in some way.

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
17 Posts
Hello. My name is jeff and I am from SE Ohio. Been riding some sort of 2 wheeled death trap for 35 years. Trials bikes to gold wings and now on an 07’ klr. I must admit this may be my all time favorite. Currently eyeing an 2022 adventure but the abs scares me a tad. Anywho, glad to be here and hopefully I can contribute in some way.
Hi Jeff, Helpful to see that with your experience the KLR is a favorite! I did not get the ABS, mainly because it was not available on any Sand color units in my area. I am not sure if they did not ship a bunch of Sand color ABS out to Colorado or if that is just what was left by end of Sept. Anyway, from the videos I have watched seems like if you could turn the ABS off for off-road that would be a great update.

·
Registered
2004 KLR 💨 2022 KLR
5 Posts
Hi Jeff! I just jumped from an 04 to a 22. I went with the base model, no ABS. All the adventure mods are available for the most parr And you can pick what you want.
Personally, I’m waiting for the Happy Trail panniers and crash bars.
Happy riding!!

1041 - 1047 of 1047 Posts