Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1061 - 1080 of 1100 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
:)
Pretty please???
It's great to have you introduce yourself, but we also would like to know where you're from, too!!

If you're shy, you don't even need to post your town, but at least what part of the country you're from.. That way people in your area can get to know you, or even better, meet you!!!

<--- Please fill in the 'Location' on your personal profile page. User CP/Edit Your Details

This information makes it much easier for other members to answer/comment on your posts.
Hello from Maine. I recently bought an electric 1986 KLR 250 conversion. I mostly ride street bikes and this was converted to more of a street bike but I think it's better used as a dirt bike. I'll be hunting for parts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Greetings! My name is Randy and I'm in Reno, Nevada. I just recently purchased the 2022KLR and am enjoying the ride. This forum is a huge resource, and as a novice rider, it's great place to learn tips, techniques, mods, etc.

Wheel Tire Helmet Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I usually find it 'safer' to set my helmet over the RH mirror, rather than on seat or rack.

Reactions: foo

·
Registered
120 Posts
yup, we've all experienced that "sick to my stomach" feeling of a new helmet falling off our bikes and onto the pavement...

you can also look into a "helmet hook".

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
1,528 Posts
Morning all,

Just picked up my Navy Khaki (sand) KLR650 yesterday, and I’m excited about getting back in the saddle after a nearly 10 year break. I call it “Navy khaki” because I’m a retired USN Master Chief. Started on cruisers and then graduated to sport tourers since I appreciated the twisties and the lighter weight (especially now that I’m that weight).

Anyhoo, I realized that I secretly wanted a KLR ever since I saw a (heavily modified) one with a Versys engine in it at a Roll the Bones rally here in Texas years ago. Wasn’t too thrilled about having a thumper back then because of the vibes, but now in my old age I’m finally, truly discovering that it’s the (not so fast) ride and not necessarily the destination.

Already seeing this is a friendly group of folks who share a wealth of knowledge on a frame that’s been around for a long time, so that’s another great perk with owning a KLR. Will be going over the bike to check bolt specs and the like as suggested here, and will install Watt-man’s kit shortly. I don’t have all the tools necessary and am too chicken to do the doo, but from what I’ve read I should wait until the warranty is out before doing so.

If you’ve read my War and Peace attempt this far, thanks! Rubber side down.
Abidingguy: Welcome shipmate. Several of us here are former USN.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm Harold in Kansas, I just bought a 2014 KLR 650 from an estate sale last month. My other rides are a 2011 Triumph Bonneville T100 and the the passion of my life, a 2001 Honda XR650R plated. This is my 51st year of riding, my big XR is not a good ride to use as a pack mule so the KLR will fill a need. I put my KLR and the XR on a scale at the local CO-OP elevator. The KLR weighs 148 pounds more than the Honda , both full of fuel. KLR certainly will not see any single track but will work nicely on gravel roads and other back roads. I am in the market for saddlebags, to mount to the Tusk racks already mounted to this bike. Won't use it enough to justify hard sided panniers.

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
Hi, I'm Harold in Kansas, I just bought a 2014 KLR 650 from an estate sale last month. My other rides are a 2011 Triumph Bonneville T100 and the the passion of my life,
Welcome to the forum Harold,
I was almost expecting to read "a 1970 Hodaka ACE 100".

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
Current: '22 KLR '19 Yamaha Bolt '02 XR200R Past: '19 Yamaha SR400 '92 HD Softtail '92 XR250l
9 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm a brand new KLR owner (2022). I traded in my 2018 Yamaha SR400 on the KLR. I'm still getting familiar with the forum and have read some of the stickies. I am having a check engine light issue with only 5 miles on the bike. You can see that reflected in my first ever post on the forum. Look forward to addressing this issue and starting the break in process.

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
1,528 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Lots of good info here. The 2022’s are brand new, so we don’t have the knowledge base built up yet on the computerized parts of the bike. However, the basic mechanical stuff appears to be a continuation of the previous generation.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm a brand new KLR owner (2022). I traded in my 2018 Yamaha SR400 on the KLR. I'm still getting familiar with the forum and have read some of the stickies. I am having a check engine light issue with only 5 miles on the bike. You can see that reflected in my first ever post on the forum. Look forward to addressing this issue and starting the break in process.
Yep your dealer hast to flash the computer to reset it. The ck engine light is a security restriction put on the computer at the factory. I believe it also was to limit the distance you could ride before the engine would cut off. Take it back to the dealer and have them reset ( remove) the security program on the computer. They will have to have or get a new cable to hook up to the 2022 KLR650 because the older interface cables won’t work.

·
Registered
1984 kl600a
11 Posts
Hey guys, I live in the PNW a hour south of Seattle and I'm a new owner of a busted 84 KL600a. Im giving my shot at getting her back into working order. This is my first daul sport bike and I have always wanted one. I will be the guy bogging down the forums in the KLR600 thread with questions :ROFLMAO:
Tire Wheel Bicycle Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
39 Posts
welcome, there is a ton of knowledge and good people here. become familiar with the search bar. 99.99725% chance that someone else has already asked the question? seen many a blue falcon in my day, none of them were riding a duel sport though.

1061 - 1080 of 1100 Posts