Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1081 - 1100 of 1100 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Greetings everybody! My name is Jason, aka JP1970. I have been riding motorcycles since I was seven years old, mostly street bikes but some dual sport and dirt bikes too, especially since moving to N.E. Nevada. I just picked up my 2022 Adventure KLR a week ago, and i absolutely love it! Feel free to take a look at some of my recent videos on the KLR. Thanks! I Bought a KLR!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great KLR site, great tech info, and ADV info! Based mostly in FL, some in AZ travel to points between and beyond...
Recently back into two and three wheel bikes.
Go Navy! Beat Army! Ret MILVET (Navy Air), ret Prgm Mgr, ret College prof, ret winemaker/winery owner, etc. etc. etc.
Bikes include Indian Roadmaster w/ Hannigan Trike Mod ('21 Icon colors Arizona Turquoise & Pearl White - similar to retro 50's Chevy Nomad colors)

2018 KLR650 (Black/Gray) w/ following mods:
- Current tires: Pirelli MT21front, Dunlop D606 rear, w/anti-flat
  • Swappable Seat Concepts seats (two heights)
  • Hand protector guards & Oxford heated grips & controller
  • Eagle front fork vibration damper brace
  • Garmin Zūmo GPS
  • Lexx exhaust - Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
  • Dash panel mod w/acc switches, 12v/USB power sockets
  • Upgraded taller grey-tint windshield
  • Headlight guard
  • High Intensity Running Lights w/brackets
  • OEM KLR Luggage Package w saddle, rack, tank bags
  • Upgraded heavy duty center kick stand
  • Tusk folding shift lever
  • Left-side lift handle for center stand assist
  • Engine protection skid plate
  • Front crash bars with folding highway foot pegs
  • Wide off-road foot pegs
  • KLR Traveler cargo rack, addl luggage rack w/rear backrest (swappable)
  • Tusk pannier racks/hard case adapters/rear crash bars
  • Doohicky mod
  • Thermostat mod
  • SAE pigtail for battery trickle charger
  • Assorted multi-season riding and safety gear
  • Future mods swing away mirrors, bigger cargo bags, chain oiler, TBD including whatever else is needed...

Great to be here. Ride safe. ATGATT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone, new to the site, but not the KLR. I bought an 08 brand new and did many upgrades and farkles. I was a member at KLRworld, not sure what happened to the site. I ended up selling my 08 in 2010 and have regretted it ever since. She's was an oil burner, so I got the 685 kit from Schnitz Racing and followed KLRCary's instructions and she turned out great.

Well, I'm thinking of buying a used 2015 with a little over 4600 miles on it. Also have some nice upgrades, SW-Motech crash bars and centerstand, Storm BarkBusters, Skid plate (not sure of brand), FMF pipe.

I always told myself the next bike I got would be a cruiser, but, I'm not sure I would be happy. I was thinking maybe a Honda VTX or Valkyrie. I'm somewhat on the fence, because I really don't plan on doing any dual sport rides anymore. I like the KLR because out of all the bikes I had, it was the one I had the most fun on.

Here is a pick of the bike, at least it's the green one, we all know those are faster than the other colors, LOL

Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone, new to the site, but not the KLR. I bought an 08 brand new and did many upgrades and farkles. I was a member at KLRworld, not sure what happened to the site. I ended up selling my 08 in 2010 and have regretted it ever since. She's was an oil burner, so I got the 685 kit from Schnitz Racing and followed KLRCary's instructions and she turned out great.

Well, I'm thinking of buying a used 2015 with a little over 4600 miles on it. Also have some nice upgrades, SW-Motech crash bars and centerstand, Storm BarkBusters, Skid plate (not sure of brand), FMF pipe.

I always told myself the next bike I got would be a cruiser, but, I'm not sure I would be happy. I was thinking maybe a Honda VTX or Valkyrie. I'm somewhat on the fence, because I really don't plan on doing any dual sport rides anymore. I like the KLR because out of all the bikes I had, it was the one I had the most fun on.

Here is a pick of the bike, at least it's the green one, we all know those are faster than the other colors, LOL

View attachment 31977
Hey buddy, I have to say I have ridden all sorts of bike over the years, but the 2022 KLR Adventure is my first ADV bike, and I absolutely love it. Maybe it is because of where I live (N.E. Nevada), but I get bored just riding on asphalt. I had a Harley Heritage cruiser and a Yamaha V-Star, H-D V-rod, Yamaha FJ-09, Mt-07, etc, etc and they were sweet bikes, but this baby is my new fav...all 652 cc's! o_O(y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey buddy, I have to say I have ridden all sorts of bike over the years, but the 2022 KLR Adventure is my first ADV bike, and I absolutely love it. Maybe it is because of where I live (N.E. Nevada), but I get bored just riding on asphalt. I had a Harley Heritage cruiser and a Yamaha V-Star, H-D V-rod, Yamaha FJ-09, Mt-07, etc, etc and they were sweet bikes, but this baby is my new fav...all 652 cc's! o_O(y)
I hear ya, I put 14K on my 08 in 2 years, went places and did things I never thought I would be able too. My issue is that I'm only planning on doing a ride here and there, no long, 2 day adventure rides like I use too. My back and knee just keep me in check these days.

I love the simplicity of the KLR and being able to do all my own maintenance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I hear ya, I put 14K on my 08 in 2 years, went places and did things I never thought I would be able too. My issue is that I'm only planning on doing a ride here and there, no long, 2 day adventure rides like I use too. My back and knee just keep me in check these days.

I love the simplicity of the KLR and being able to do all my own maintenance.
Yep, this getting older thing is not always easy. I am not a long out and back kind of adventurer...maybe a 1 nighter..heck day trips are fine with me. Thanks and keep the dream alive....er, let the good times roll! o_O

·
Registered
3 Posts

View attachment 31977
Well, not sure what happened, but the deal fell through. Bike was at local dealer, on consignment. I dropped by Friday and told them I would take the bike and would be able to pick it up next Friday. I offered to put 500 down, but they said they didn't need it, and they would put a sold sign on it. They contacted me Saturday and said the owner was no longer selling.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New member.....My name is Lance Wilson. I have been riding motorcycles for 40 years. I just purchased a 22 adventure model. I am coming off of a WR 450. I am getting to old to ride that aggressively any longer. My son will appreciate the WR. I am in the Central Valley of California and look forward to reading all about the KLR and your interactions with it as well as sharing some of my own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
New member.....My name is Lance Wilson. I have been riding motorcycles for 40 years. I just purchased a 22 adventure model. I am coming off of a WR 450. I am getting too old to ride that aggressively any longer. My son will appreciate the WR. I am in the Central Valley of California and look forward to reading all about the KLR and your interactions with it as well as sharing some of my own.
Welcome to the forum from another old guy 2018 KLR owner. Sorry you're stuck in the People's Republik (many are) but make the very best of it on that ongoing classic, the new Gen KLR!!! 😉

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I’ve been a member for a few years but never introduced myself nor use the forum until I started working on my KLR.
30 yrs riding, started at 8 cause of my old man. Took me 20 yrs to realize that dual purpose is he style that I like the best!!
I previously owned a KLR 02, now I own a 93 fully restored by myself (very 1st time working on a bike)
I make a living as a remote medical interpreter Spanish- English.
I’m from Monterrey México, 2 hrs South from Laredo TX. Spent some time in the US, know it from LA to Key West.
I’m very thankful about the knowledge shared in the forum and more than happy to help anyone riding by my town.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I’ve been a member for a few years but never introduced myself nor use the forum until I started working on my KLR.
30 yrs riding, started at 8 cause of my old man. Took me 20 yrs to realize that dual purpose is he style that I like the best!!
I previously owned a KLR 02, now I own a 93 fully restored by myself (very 1st time working on a bike)
I make a living as a remote medical interpreter Spanish- English.
I’m from Monterrey México, 2 hrs South from Laredo TX. Spent some time in the US, know it from LA to Key West.
I’m very thankful about the knowledge shared in the forum and more than happy to help anyone riding by my town.
Welcome to the forum! As you know, lots of great KLR maintenance and upgrade tips here.

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
1,528 Posts
Welcome to the asylum. I noted that you listed your location—thanks. Also tell is what year is your bike, how many miles, and any mods or accessories on it. Before you do anything else, read this:

·
Registered
2022 KLR Adventure
4 Posts
It’s a brand new 22’ KLR. Adventure. Cypher camo in color, with ABS. It’s got about 12 miles on it currently. I plan on changing that.

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
90% of the New Owner Mistakes will apply directly to your 2022 model as to any other model year of KLR!

#3, The speedometer drive is the only thing that Doesn't pertain to the 2022 & up models. Being they are now electric off of the engine sprocket shaft.

·
Registered
2022 KLR650 - Fully loaded
24 Posts
Hi there, Ian from Lodi, CA. I've been riding anything with an engine & wheels for the past 20 years now, and have owned all pervious generations of KLR's. I was happy to hear that Kawasaki re-lit the production of the legendary KLR last winter, and figured I better get another one!
When time permits, I enjoy riding up in the Sierra's and everything in between....often times with my father-in-law.
It's been a blast, and looking forward to meeting riders in my area!

Here's a pic of the new bike shortly after purchase, near the Pipi Valley OHV.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 KLR Adventure
4 Posts
90% of the New Owner Mistakes will apply directly to your 2022 model as to any other model year of KLR!

#3, The speedometer drive is the only thing that Doesn't pertain to the 2022 & up models. Being they are now electric off of the engine sprocket shaft.
So it’s kind of it’s own animal, as KLRs go?

1081 - 1100 of 1100 Posts