Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1301 - 1314 of 1314 Posts

·
Registered
2022 KLR650 Adventure
1 Posts
Hey y'all, I'm new here to the forums and to the KLR platform in general. I've been riding for years on street bikes as well as dirt bikes in my younger years. Recently picked up a 2022 Adventure model(non-ABS) and have ridden around 550miles so far and I've truly enjoying the experience. I live in next to the tallest mountain in VA, so we still have quite a lot of dirt/gravel riding around here and the MABDR's southern start/finish is just a few towns over. Thanks for having me!

Tire Wheel Plant Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked up a 2015 over the weekend, 4,400 miles, tusk crash bars, happy trails skid plate, Oxford heated grips. My first KLR. I also have a ktm 390 adventure, but it’s about to find a new owner. Maybe this is a poor way to introduce myself on this forum, but the ktm is probably a better bike in most regards. Most. Significantly faster on pavement, better brakes, more tech, much lighter, better mpg, I could go on. That said, the klr is the right choice for me. The ktm has the horsepower, but the klr has significantly better torque, which suits the off-road riding I do more. Plus spoked wheels! I live near the foothills of the Olympic National Forest and it’s full of hilly and often muddy terrain. I also don’t trust the cheap ktm adv’s reliability, it may be fine but it’s unproven and I trust this klr to get me to Chile if I asked it to, as long as I check the oil! Furthermore, between the two bikes, the klr already seems more familiar and repairable. Even simple fixes were overly complex on the ktm. Looking forward to wearing out this bike more than any other I’ve owned, thanks in advance for letting me join your community and hope I can have fun and learn a few things along the way!
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2002 KLR 650 Model C
1 Posts
Hi guys,
Just a quick introduction, since late July I am the happy new owner of a '02 KLR 650 Model C with 33k miles.
Although a long time motorcycle rider (this is my 8th motorcycle already), the KLR is the first one to have off-road capabilities. Looking forward to learn progressively, enjoy new trails and do some overland travel with my KLR (nicknamed "escopeta", shotgun).
I have some experience with mountain bike though, and I am a keen 4WD driver in arid and desert environments (having lived in the Middle East for a few years and done some gentleman racing throughout Sahara desert in Morocco).
Greetings from Madrid, Spain.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
KLRs: 2013, 2005, 1998; 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
2,568 Posts
Welcome, Dan from PA. Read this first:

·
Registered
1995 Kawasaki KLR 250
1 Posts
Hello! I'm a new owner of a 1995 Kawasaki KLR 250. I've heard it's dubbed the "barbie bike" haha. I'm a first time rider and already having a great time on this thing(the 40km I've drove).

It has 4500 km and is in excellent shape. So far I've cleaned the gas tank and carb, and done an oil change. Also changed the headlight. It came with 2 new tires as well which is nice, I've plated it for off-road but also drive it around my small town.

It currently drips a drop of oil every so often from the magneto cover, and doesn't charge the battery when riding so that will be my winter project, along with other maintenance work.

This forum seems like a good place to find information, so glad I found it.

Tire Bicycle Wheel Crankset Bicycle tire

Tire Bicycle Wheel Land vehicle Bicycle frame

·
Premium Member
11,528 Posts
Hello! I'm a new owner of a 1995 Kawasaki KLR 250. I've heard it's dubbed the "barbie bike" haha. I'm a first time rider and already having a great time on this thing(the 40km I've drove).
Nice Shiny Plastic! And Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
:)
Pretty please???
It's great to have you introduce yourself, but we also would like to know where you're from, too!!

If you're shy, you don't even need to post your town, but at least what part of the country you're from.. That way people in your area can get to know you, or even better, meet you!!!

<--- Please fill in the 'Location' on your personal profile page. User CP/Edit Your Details

This information makes it much easier for other members to answer/comment on your posts.

1301 - 1314 of 1314 Posts