Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1341 - 1357 of 1357 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi I'm Chris, I purchased a used 2011klr this spring it had 2,700 miles on it. Installed a tall windscreen and a harbor freight plastic case on the tail of it for storage, plus put highway tires on it for commuting to work. I live Iowa/ Quad Cities area. I enjoy riding and also have a 2008 Honda Goldwing for longer trips. Looking forward to spring yet once again how soon our season comes to an end.

· Registered
2001 klr650
16 Posts
hi all, george here. finally made the jump from bicycles to motorcycles this year, after a long time of stubbornly insisting I would never do it. my first motor bike: a 2001 KLR 650.

I got her at around 13300 miles, now closer to 13800

i'd post a pic, but I can't yet. my bike looks like a KLR, plus some tusk boxes; previous owners put on a corbin flat seat and a lowering link.

· Registered
12 Posts
Greetings to all! New KLR owner/forum member here with 2022 Adv model in S Texas. Wanted to get into ADV riding for a while (didn't realize Texas is mostly "private land"...bummer!!), but having a blast nonetheless. So far, what I've read here, the KLR community is fantastic and very happy with choice of bike.

· Registered
2016 KLR650 Camo, Dirtracks, EM Doo,T-Bob, Giant Loop bags, rally dash, Cyclops LED, Madd Risers
247 Posts
Greetings to all! New KLR owner/forum member here with 2022 Adv model in S Texas. Wanted to get into ADV riding for a while (didn't realize Texas is mostly "private land"...bummer!!), but having a blast nonetheless. So far, what I've read here, the KLR community is fantastic and very happy with choice of bike.
You’ll like it here. Welcome

· Registered
5 Posts
Hey all,

Jeremy here, originally from Toronto, Ontario, Canada but recently moved to Vancouver, British Columbia (also in Canada).

Just purchased a well-loved (it shows) '02 Gen 1 with about 60000 kms on it from a 3rd or 4th owner (who had it for 10 years, collecting dust in a garage for the last 2). She runs, brakes, lights up and doesn't make any noises of too much concern... but I'm slowly finding more and more 'happy accidents' that need my attention. I was spoiled to have a moto shop owner & mechanic as a good family friend back in Ontario for my first bike, but am only slowly accumulating tools to wrench on my own. Have a basic mechanical background and experience with small engines, work on boats so some engineering knowledge, but I'm liking what I've read so far on this forum that 'it's a fucking KLR, I don't really care that much" & am open to any and all wisdom you fellow owners are willing to part with.

I'm thrilled to be a part of this online community of thorough experience and knowledge, hope to meet some of you lovely KLRers in person someday & maybe can even share some adventures! Pics a mix of buying condition 2 weeks or so ago, slowly working on it, extra parts, riding in 3-5 deg Celcius last week in Vancouver.

PS - this will be my second owned bike & first dual sport, but I put 50000+kms on my Suzuki Gladius from 2017-2018, from Toronto to Miami to LA to Vancouver Island & back to Toronto, so have had some fun leans. Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive fuel system Automotive exhaust
Cameras & optics Camera accessory Gadget Audio equipment Electronic device
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Motorcycle
Bicycle Tire Wheel Automotive tire Sports equipment
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Premium Member
KLRs: 2013, 2005, 1998; 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
2,744 Posts
Wel ome and be are to check the stickies in the various sub forums, especially the one about "Dave Pelletier's common mistakes."

Do not attempt to adjust the balancer chain tensioner until you have read about the doohickey replacement.

· Registered
2022 KLR650 Base
2 Posts
Hello All!
Doug from south jersey.
Just picked up a new 22' base in that lava red orange whatever color... :p
I had an 08' that I got rid of a handful of years ago and regretted it from day one.
Really like the improvements of the gen 3.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

1341 - 1357 of 1357 Posts