Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, figured this post was best placed here. Anyone want to chime if you have a "gotta experience" road in New Mexico you'd like to share? I'm about 6 weeks away from returning home (road life job) and starting to coalesce a plan. Just bought the Butler Backcountry maps!

Anyhow, I'll have the Uncle coming along on his new to him KLR (Salty Monks old bike) and the level of difficulty should be not too much harder than a fire road!

Ultimate goal is spending time in the Gila area, but we're looking at spending a couple weeks on this trip.
So that leaves ample maneuverability.

Wife will be in pursuit with Tacoma 4x4 with truck tent and bed full of gear. BLM land off grid camping is my goal.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Truth or Consequences (T or C)

Howdy - I cannot recommend anything too awful specific, but last time I went down to the Gila area I made sure to check out the old hot springs around T or C, NM 152 through Hillsboro (it's paved, but very pretty), and the trails in the hills around Silver City. The Gila National Forest is great; there are natural hot springs that run there, and the cliff dwellings early in the morning are very pretty. Have a great trip!

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang, sorry Kool Aid, I thought I answered you. I was up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, so service was pretty bad. Appreciate the info. I've heard the state is turning away out of staters at their parks. Unconfirmed, but this will complicate things. Trip might be on hold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts