Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems to be difficult to find people who ride in nm. so if you are in nm please check in so we can get together sometime and have a ride.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'm in Farmington...May be one day I'll head down that way.
Are there good back roads between Deming and Safford AZ or just all hiway?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah if you ride this way you have to ride hwy 152 by silver city and there are offroad trails that go from that area almost all the way to abq. come on down any time you want, we got an open couch and a garage to park her in.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I'll be riding in your area in early August on my way down the Divide to Antelope Wells. I'd be glad to contact you when in NM.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not a problem. its only 60 miles to silver city, the divide continues through the desert and comes out somewhere by hachita on i-1o

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm originally from Las Vegas, NM I do a ride every year starting out of Las Vegas north thru Mora on 518 thru Sipapu and into the Espanola Valley. Then into the Carson Nat'l Forest. Mid September...great camping areas and enough motels closeby if I feel the need. Just farting around...no real timeline. Clearing the air in my head ride!! Think about it.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
last year in virginia i stopped at a little park and there were 2 guys and a girl with urals and sidecars. russian beemer, who would have thought it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm in the 4 corners area, so maybe one day we can meet up for a ride. What year is is you KLR?

·
Registered
24 Posts
OK...going again! IF is is not burning!! Just got back and it is dryer than a popcorn fart! Starting out of Las Vegas, NM the 18th of Sept. Plan is to ride and see the northern part of the state. I lived there for many years but I still try to get as lost as I possibly can and see as many new things before they are too Hollyweirded up...like Santa Fe and Ghost Ranch are now! Not knocking it...(too hard!)...but, it just ain't Santa anymore and Ghost Ranch made me want to catch the next UFO flying by! Then... heading back to 'Vegas on the 22nd. I will be in the Espanola Valley...Carson Forest...Chama...Taos (another weirded out city)...! On the blue '08...wave or join up!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello fellas,
Wanted to check in and let you know that I'm located in Albuquerque and looking to take my beasty for a local cruz. I got my '11 KLR back in November with 95miles on it and already put close to 7,000 mile since then. It's kinda lonely riding by yourself. I take monthly trips to the Gila wilderness for my graduate research. Two weeks ago I managed to go "deer hunting" with my KLR. Actually I hit a deer around Gila while going 40mph :12a:. Now the bike it fixed, upgraded and ready to roll :64a:. Let me know if anyone wants to go kick up some dirt or just a cruz.
Cheers.

Pavel.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey pavel. I will be ready to go after a few weeks when I've taken the msf class. Jack in Albuquerque

Sent from my groovy Samsung Galaxy S 1 smarty pants Fone ringy thingy dingy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Jack,
I'm glad that you are taking mfs. It is very helpful, at least it was for me. I rode for three years prior to getting my motorcycle licence (oops) and have learned many valuable things from those guys. I took mine at the BMW dilership. The instructors were great and very proffecional. Where are you taking yours?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts