Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one, I am Tom N. from Missouri. I have just purchased a 93 KLR 650 and am anticipating recieving it Saturday. My first bike was a Susuki 90 enduro I bought while stationed in Okinowa in 1970-71. I only rode it on the street. I have owned a Honda 350 (2cyl), a Honda 550f4, a Ninja 250, a Yamaha 250 Virago and latlely a1982 Honda CX500 Silverwing. I commute 40 miles to work each way so I need a reliable bike and also want to play on my day off. I dont have time to clean a chrome show bike, but I want to maintain the bike my self. I have only ridden off road one time I rode my little brothers Yamaha 400. I took it up a hill then down the hill. Having never ridden a two stroke I didnt know about a compression release. I let off the gas and guess what? No engine braking. So I then hit both brakes gingerly. At the bottom of the Hill was a deep culvert. As the culvert came closer, I was not geting any closer to being able to turn. I got on the brakes and washed out the rear wheel of the bike. I went over the high side into the tall grass. I found out road rash doesnt just come from asphalt. That was my only "dual sport" adventure. I am going to need loads of help with this bike. I have found that Bikers are some of the best people around. I am looking forward to meeting any and all of you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts