Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
new to this and KLR650 I've been riding a KL250 super Sherpa and just upgraded to the mighty KLR650. It's a 2001 'c' and I'm wondering if I am banished to the 'other' section of this site or can I post here.
I'm aware of the differences between the A and C models, but not on how it affects the riding! For example I've heard that the C is more suited to the dirt, but has higher gearing with 15/42 v's stock 15/43. wouldn't this make it better geared for the road. Also stiffer front suspension, wouldn't this assist braking and road handling (even though a bit tougher on the ride). The smaller tank also a bit more road oriented??
Anyone have any thoughts on the C model and what mods I could/should do for adventuring??
It has a measly 12000km on the odometer and I don't know if it has had the doo hickey done. How would I tell?

Thanks

Greg

·
Premium Member
6,680 Posts
Hi all
new to this and KLR650 I've been riding a KL250 super Sherpa and just upgraded to the mighty KLR650. It's a 2001 'c' and I'm wondering if I am banished to the 'other' section of this site or can I post here.

It has a measly 12000km on the odometer and I don't know if it has had the doo hickey done. How would I tell?

Thanks

Greg
Greg,
There is only ONE sure way to tell about the Doo-Hickey. Take the outer cover OFF and have a look.

I, personally use an Electric Engraver to write "Doo DONE" above the locking bolt. But some people could lie. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts