Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased and installed a new Shinko 700 rear tire on my bike. I am the third owner of my 08 and one of the previous owners had Dunlop 505 knobbys on it. Needly to say it was a rough ride and I couldn't believe the difference in the way it rides now. Took it on a 100 mile trip on Sunday that was 60% asphalt and 40% gravel roads and it handled all of it well. Next will be a new front tire.

Jon

·
Registered
84 Posts
What a deal, less noise/vibration, still good handling. Did you do the work yourself? Are you buying one at a time due to cost? What do they run?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sandie, thanks for the response. I only bought one tire locally due to the availability of it and not having a front available. I did do the work myself and it was a proverbial b**ch, really struggled on getting the new tire on. It ran $65 for the tire.
Jon

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
If it was your 1st time, yes it is rough. Do a few more and you might get to where you actually enjoy it. Fronts are a piece a cake.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sounds like one of those tasks that leaves you with missing skin from the knuckles! technique and the right tool I suppose.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I like those Shikko 700's all except for mileage. I can wear out a back one in 3K, but I still like them. Good traction on most surfaces and they just look good too! And their as cheap as me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts