Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Glad to find a site like this! Used to ride Harleys on and off, but now I'm into the practical aspect of things. Plus with gas being $4.00 a gallon here, I need to stretch my dollar like the rest of us.
So I picked up a 2007 with only 1300miles on it, and plan on using it for work transportation as well as weekend fun!
I have a couple buddies that got klr’s as well, so we’ll all be doing the weekend orv trails together, seeing what kind of shenanigans we can get into!
Hope to meet other dual sport riders than can offer tips and shortcuts as well, but trust me, I figure sooner or later im gonna eat some dirt! (not pavement!)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
S.E. Michigan, been looking on DNR website for maps in the Gladwin area, can"t wait to get some dirt under the tires!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm the other guy Graybear mentioned. Been on and off Dual sports most of my adult life. They are the most practical bike out there and now with decent cc sizes they really fit well with dual use. Back in the day all they had were 250's and 350's. My kid is on his 1st Bike and it is an 06 KLR650 Mine is an 05. Seems to be lots of information here, nice forum. Greetings to all. Time to put a little gravel in my travel...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Welcome fella's! KLR's suck at everything, err I mean they do everything OK. If you have like-minded buds to ride with they're even more fun.
I call mine my grandpa bike, but I'm not selling it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check this one out . Dual Sporters Logo

Check this out ---

w w w.teamshoot-mma. com/dUEsPORTERS1.JPG

it is at cafe press too ...
[put the w w w here] cafepress.com/mf/70371096/travel-in-the-gravel_tshirt

·
Registered
182 Posts
Graybear and Ghostdog, where are you in Michigan? I'm in Jackson and work in Brighton. Nice to see more Michiganders showing up around here. Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPod touch using Motorcycle
Timothys687
More miles and smiles for all!

·
Registered
182 Posts
If you get down this way, look me up. I ride almost all paved roads but I'll go for a gravel ride given the opportunity.

Sent from my iPod touch using Motorcycle
Timothys687
More miles and smiles for all!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey, I'm looking for riders to ride with in Michigan, my name is Tom and I'm starting a new group on Face Book called KLR 650 Riders Of Michigan.

I'd appreciate if you'd joined in, and spread the news to any adventure bike riders you know. It is my hope to create a network of riders through the use of Face Book. That way when someone wants to ride or set up an event we can get in touch with each other here in Michigan.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts