Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you all,from Keller tx.about 15 miles north of FtWorth. Just bought my first klr in april, a 08 blue to be exact, by the way it is also my first time online and to the forum aswell. Anyway, have done a few mods already; Jardine slip on,Airbox mod,main drilled out 2mm,clip moved on needle,gel seat,taller shield,tank bag,rear trunk bag,shortend rear blinkers,relocated liscense and inspection plates aswell. Thanks to the forum I have many more mods in mind. If there is anybody in the area who would like to go for a short ride or a all day cruise just drop a line.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Welcome, and it sounds like you've got it set up nicely!!

I need to ride a 08' one of these days...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Thanks, Im working on it slowly but surely.by the way, love the goldwing. Although i have never ridden one but that will be my next motorcycle purchase. What MPG does that thing get?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Thanks, Im working on it slowly but surely.by the way, love the goldwing. Although i have never ridden one but that will be my next motorcycle purchase. What MPG does that thing get?
I'm getting 38 to 42, depending on how fast and how much headwind I'm riding into.. Pretty consistant 40mpg.. Not KLR mileage, but pretty comparable to most bikes..

My suggestion is not to ride one of the 1800's until you're ready to buy.. 2 hours after riding my first 1800, I rode away on a new one.. I traded in my 1500 Wing, which was a fine touring bike, but the 1800 is a fine Sport Touring bike that tours..:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts