Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome! There's a great bunch of people here with a lot of useful knowledge. What year and color klr you got?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome! There's a great bunch of people here with a lot of useful knowledge. What year and color klr you got?
What he said.

Any big plans for the thing?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What he said.

Any big plans for the thing?
Well I should have also mentioned that I am new to bikes too.
I will take a rider course soon as I have the time to do so. Till then ride in "safe areas" less traffic to get use to it. So far have 75 miles on it. I did upgrade to the taller windscreen and bags.
It is brand new 2014.5 in white.
Thanks

Any advise will be taken in and digested and put to good use on the bike.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I will take a rider course soon as I have the time to do so. Till then ride in "safe areas" less traffic to get use to it. So far have 75 miles on it. I did upgrade to the taller windscreen and bags.
Thanks

There are a ton of good discussions on here. I use the search to find out all kinds of good info, or just post a question.

Way to dive in with a new one, I'm on an '05 and love it.

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts

Tsropes: Welcome to our little corner of the Net, the home of the world's most dedicated KLR 650 owners.

Reading is fun, but being involved is way better! Make us your online KLR 650 source.

Share your views, spread the word and bring your friends.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your KLR. You'll be able to show it off once you have 15 forum posts behind you.

Enjoy.

PS: If you haven't done so already please fill in your Location in the User CP under Edit Your Details.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are a ton of good discussions on here. I use the search to find out all kinds of good info, or just post a question.

Way to dive in with a new one, I'm on an '05 and love it.
Well I could have saved some cash by buying used but with the resale value up on used ones plus the "other" issue. I splurged on the new one. Plus I get the new suspension set up too.

If anyone is in the Reno area and has good places to go for a rookie or wants to ride with a rookie let me know.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Welcome to the list....

Thanks

Welcome to the list. I've been away a few years and have the older flavor, but the basic design idea of the KLR is still the same, dependable, inexpensive, and easy to repair. I might think about one of your newer models if mine starts being a pain; but that probably won't happen ;-) With your new one, you'll probably be sucked into the "upgrades" so be prepared ;-)

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts