Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I just recently became the new owner of a 2011 KLR 650.:) and happy would be very understated. I finally got a chance to ride it to work today. I was a bit unsure of the feel of it and cruised about 60 mph to the plant. However on the way home it really started to feel good. I had a Honda Shadow when i was younger. It felt way different than this, and it's been a while since i rode a dirt bike. I like this bike doesn't quite cover it either. *cough* I cheated on the picture rule. I put a picture of it on my profile pic. heh heh...

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You need 15 posts before you can put up any pictures. Its a spam defense.

It's going to feel a lot different than your Shadow did.

Feel free to ask questions and stuff..

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Welcome MarKLR,

You are going to truly enjoy this site. The members are nice and very helpful. I have been learning all methods of farkleing my 2007 since I joined.

Snakeboy66

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum.

It's going to feel a lot different than your Shadow did.
It sure did. I had a side wind to top it off. I even pulled over to
check tire pressure. However, I guess I had some muscle memory
take over on the way back home from work. It felt much better, plus I think the wind settled a bit.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Welcome to the forum, MarKLR. We'll be looking forward to some photos.

Enjoy the process of "becoming one with the bike." I would imagine it would take a little getting used to after the Shadow.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I rode again this morning, 36 degrees. I like this bike the more I ride it. It looks like it's going to be windy on the ride home. I had a few ppl laugh and call me crazy, but I just remember they burned more fuel than I did today. Hahaha!

Thanks for the welcomes. I look forward to seeing more information on the 2011 models. Does anyone know off hand if they are the same as the '08s and '09s or if there are some significant differences?

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
I've had eight scooters from two HD's, CB 750 F, Goldwing,
Nighthawk SC (sucked) an XL, DR, and now the Kawabunga.
All acted differently and in this case (yours) wind is indeed
an issue. The light n' tall bikes get blown all over yer lane.

The black '09's are best.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum, MarKLR. We'll be looking forward to some photos.

Enjoy the process of "becoming one with the bike." I would imagine it would take a little getting used to after the Shadow.
Thanks. :)

The bike is starting to feel much better. I feel more comfortable and relaxed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts