Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,089 Posts
An Occasional afterfire pop or 2 out of the muffler can be totally Normal. Even on my own 1987 oem muffler. Like double down shifting in to a corner on a quick downhill run.

Reactions: Reveille

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 250 is definetly a nice little bike. Lots of power of a 250cc. I believe it's a '93?

For the 650, all I have left to do is get the brake light to work properly. The tail light works but nothing happens when I press either brake. And there's a wire missing from the horb

·
Registered
156 Posts
The 250 is definetly a nice little bike. Lots of power of a 250cc. I believe it's a '93?

For the 650, all I have left to do is get the brake light to work properly. The tail light works but nothing happens when I press either brake. And there's a wire missing from the horb
You can either test the voltage from the rear brake wire or swap the positive wire from tail light to positive brake light. See if that works. Maybe it's just broken bulb.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took her for a ride. The RPM was spazzing and low speeds. It was backfiring/ popping like crazy. Doing 40, the rpm kept bouncing 4/5 to 10 beyond. Low speed I know is a clogged jet. The rpm. Timing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts