Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2001 KLR arrived on Friday - FINALLY! I took a big risk and bought it from the east coast on Ebay. Some cosmetic damage was disclosed and it arrived as advertised. What really got me going on it was that it was a 2001 with only 498 miles on it. Fingers crossed, hoping it was not neglected, I took the plunge. I recentyl moved to the Northwest and realized this is THE bike to have here with all the logging trails, fire roads and national parks and lands. My ST1300, while a great touring road bike, leaves me a little too limited in that respect.

Well, the engine is in GREAT SHAPE and mechanically it is really good. I'm even more thrilled because the day after I sealed the deal, the new 2008 KLR pics and stats were released and it wouldn't do what I would want to do on the bike as well, I think, so to get one in such good shape now is a boon. And what a hoot this bike is to ride. Smile from ear to ear, fun factor is a 10+

Here it is:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Great score Dread! Be careful you don't get a facial rupture from the grin factor. :D

·
Registered
650 Posts
Why do people buy a Bike then just stick it in a corner for 5 years?? :?

good score for you though... :D

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
theotherbigjoe said:
Why do people buy a Bike then just stick it in a corner for 5 years?? :?

good score for you though... :D
Great question!! I don't know the answer, but I try to take advantage of it, as Dread did.. Great purchase, by the way!!!

My two current bikes were "used" when I bought them..

My 2002 KLR650 was 2 years old and had 1300 miles on it.
My 2005 1000 V Strom was 8 months old and had 397 miles on it..

I love that "take it off the dealer's floor" discount, as long as I'm buying.. I guess people should look into what they're buying before signing the dotted line.. :wink:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome, Dread, and congrats on the find!

You know, these bikes really shouldn't be so much fun.

But they are. Bwahahahahaaa!!! :lol:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I don't know why folks just let them sit, but that sure does make it nicer for those of us who are looking for one.
D

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Welcome!!!!

My guess on people buying bikes and letting them sit:

The KLR, they find it is too tall for them
The V-strom, they find out that it is too much bike for them

Then you always have the wife thing, or mom not wanting to see her son as a biker.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I just picked up a 2000 Super Sherpa with 600 miles on it! 6 years later it's still not out of the break-in period! I'm with Dread; I like the fact some folks find that MCs aren't for them!
Jamie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts