Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there!

My name is Miles and I just signed up here on the forums. I bought a 2016 KLR last year in March, it is my first motorcycle ever. I had always wanted to learn to ride a motorcycle and eventually took that leap. Signed up for a CMSP MTC (California Motorcyclist Safety Program Motorcyclist Training Course) through a partner with the California Highway Patrol and it was really informative and fun. I was amazed that I was able to ride a motorcycle on the first day of training. For some reason I was convinced I would mess up the whole shifting process. After completing the first class I went ahead and took the permit test at the California DMV and successfully got my permit.

I will admit I got a bit ahead of myself and between the first class and the last I went to my local motorcycle shop and bought a new 2016 Green KLR. Needless to say my parents we not thrilled but they have grown to accept the fact I now have a motorcycle and ride it. I am pretty sure the fact I went through a training course helped ease their minds a bit. I really do enjoy riding the bike however in the recent months I have not been riding. A combination of weather and the fact I wake up and leave for work at 5:30am I don't always wanna freeze my butt off on the way to work.

Just changed the oil in my bike yesterday actually and plan to start riding it more, getting some cold weather gear and hopefully meet some local people like me who just wanna ride now and then. Anyways I am excited to be here and learn more about the KLR and hopefully make some friends along the way!

Thanks!
Miles

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Welcome to the forum and this fine/fun sport we call motorcycling.
Hope you enjoy the ride and the forums, Miles.

And when you are riding 'Watch out for everybody'!
Because 'They Aren't Watching out for You'!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts