Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents
I just bought or traded my plated 2004 XR400 for a 2008 KLR650, straight across. The klr is in great shape and only has 6 thousand miles on it and the bike is completely stock. I know I've heard horror story's about he first year of the new 2nd gen. But this bike was built at the end of the year and dose not have any of the issues of burning oil or the electric problems. Checked the bike up and down. Pull the plug and it was nice and clean and never changed and the wiring harness had no rubbing cutting issues. It has Dunlap d 606 on it but that's all. Blue and silver, and pretty comfy. I'm in the process of doing a bunch of thing, doohickey kit is on its way, progressive suspension is on it way, 22 cent mod, uni filter, FMF Q4 exhaust, fixing the water pump, starting to drip from seep hole. So might as well take care of that. Taller windscreen, some baggage and motech crash bars. I've had a lot of bikes and really wanted something that I can go off road and at least keep up with traffic on road, and I think this one is a keeper. If you guys have any other ideas that I could use let me now. Work in progess. :)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
That's a good trade! Welcome aboard.

·
Lifetime Member
2,483 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :D

Sounds like a good trade to me as well, I have the same bike. I traded a Honda Shadow ACE that I didn't ride anymore for mine though ;)

My 08's never given me any grief either, and as long as I keep it under 5000 rpm she's easy on the oil. Definitely "keepers"!

:character00201:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I have owned a few bike in my time. Started out on a 1974 XL70, xr 80, xl 125, xl 250, CB550, CBSS700, ninja 600, zx1200r, Buell 1200 SS long, xr400, and now klr650. They all lead to a lot of fun and every one is different. My two favorite is the Buell and the zx1200r, both really fast bikes, but yet different. Buell was fun in the twists and the zx1200r long smooth straights, very high speeds. Now that I'm getting older its time to slow down and check out the scenery and enjoy, but yet have fun too! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts