Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wew hew, my new 2001 KLR is getting broke past the 5000 mile mark. The enduro master who owned the bike before me babied the crap out of this bike. I am looking for mirror mod suggestions and the euro switch change for the left handle bar. I am looking for a couple suggestions and pictures of the things I have already broke on the bike when taking it through 6 ft. reed swamps and wooptie woops in OHio.

I recently broke the left switch control and new mirror/choke mount when laying it down on the left side. My poor girl got the liscence plate ripped off somewhere along the test too.

So my first time post opens with questions.

Who has pics of mirror mods?

Does the euro switch control really do the trick from breaking when laying the bike down on the left side?

How do I get to the oil filter?

Thanks I'm a newbie 650 rider, havn't had a bike since I broke my back as a kid on my Honda 100cc. But now that I'm back on the trail my wangy seems to be getting bigger:46:

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Most of us don't do much with the mirrors as they have flex mount systems.
I don't have it, but Nerf-Bar handlebars are popular as I think they can pivot when the cycle gets dumped.

Oil filter is inside the right of the engine block as seen from the riding position and it has two 8mm bolts holding on the circular cover. It's next to the radiator/ coolant hoses.

Enjoy yer bike!!!

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeap

·
Administrator
3,639 Posts
But now that I'm back on the trail my wangy seems to be getting bigger:46:
You've been without a bike too long. You're hallucinating.

·
Administrator
3,639 Posts
I recently broke the left switch control and new mirror/choke mount when laying it down on the left side. My poor girl got the liscence plate ripped off somewhere along the test too.

So my first time post opens with questions.

Who has pics of mirror mods?

Does the euro switch control really do the trick from breaking when laying the bike down on the left side?

How do I get to the oil filter?

The euro switch will move the mirror off of the switch housing to it's own aluminium housing. It's a mod I will do once I break the OEM switch. The mirror hitting the ground or a tree or ... is what usually breaks the switch.

Don't over tighten the oil filter cap bolts or throw away the bypass tube in the middle of the filter when you change it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts