Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year doylesklr AKA Doyle, and myself danny31 AKA Danny, started what I hope will be a long tradition, riding on the first day of the new year. Left out of metro Dover, KY- Allen County, at 9:00am cst heading to Lafayette, TN-Macon County to meet buddy2224 AKA Brandon, and iyaoyas98 AKA Jon at Hardees in Layfayette. The local bank down HWY 52 showed 38 degrees. Looks like a great morning to ride a little crisp, but hey ya know your gonna have fun.

Headed over to Jackson County, TN to a place Brandon, and Doyle had scouted out earlier thanks to "Tour Guide" Brandon, and his GPS. This is a water shed in the middle of no where, if it looks this good now wait till summer.

Here is another rough bunch.

Jon showin' he is ALWAYS Ballin'.

We all talked about riding down the lane where this picture was taken, but what the heck if Jon goes down he is the only one who is cold, and wet while we are still dry, and cozy

No ride is complete without a shameless plug for the riders who can "Adapt & Overcome".

Just so you will know what fun we were in for this day I took a shot of one of Doyle's "ice cream" boxes.

It looked like we rode all the way to Vermont based on the fact we seen 2 coved bridges in the "Big City" of Red Boiling Springs, TN. We crossed the first one, but stopped for a good lunch at this one.

This varmet showed up while we were there, just about scared us to death.

Here is a switch back that they had found earlier.

In this one if you look close you will see Brandon, and Jon's headlight while Doyle, and I stayed up top for the good photo op.

Made it back home at 3:10pm cst after 130 miles of good times. By the time we came back by the same bank as earlier in the morning the temp had went down to 37 degrees. All in all we had a GREAT ride today with some really good friends, and Jon too. Look forward to riding SEVERAL rides with these guys in 2007. I hope you enjoyed sharing some of our riding we have here in Southcentral KY, and Northcentral TN. Ride safe in 2007, and remember ATGATT.

·
Registered
603 Posts
looks like a blast had by all.What a great way to bring in the new year.I gotta get down
that way sometime

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Good rerport Danny, Thanks for sharing it with us.

I got rained out during my second ride today. I'll have to get the camera and finish my report now..... :oops:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
klrmike said:
looks like a blast had by all.What a great way to bring in the new year.I gotta get down
that way sometime
Let us know when, and we will show you around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts