Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I'm from North Augusta but I drive a flatbed in the continental 49 and Canada. I am building a garage for my bike to go on my truck so I can take her with me and ride and shoot this great country as I also have a passion for wildlife and scenic photography.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome.
Get that bike on the truck!
Years ago I ran a truck around the South East and had a bicycle on it. If only I had a KLR on it, my stories now would be much more colorful!

·
Administrator
3,566 Posts
Welcome and my guess is you use a NIkon camera.

Currently looking at getting a SLR digital but am overwhelmed by all the features and trying to decide which is the best buy for around $700.

Any advice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I shoot with Nikon slrs. You can't go wrong with either the Nikons or Canons. If you have any friends or family that shoot I suggest you buy the same brand as they use as then you can share equipment. Remember that you aren't just buying a camera but into a system. I always tell everyone to put most of your money into buying the very highest quality lenses you can afford. They will be with you forever but you will upgrade your body as you can afford or as new ones come out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, still haven't made it back to the house. Currently sitting in the Tacoma, Wa. area waiting to pick up a load to head back east. Had someone hit and run on my truck cracking the fiberglass right fender. Have to get that fixed when I get back home. Picking up a bunch of raw material here in Seattle for the bike garage and a loader to make loading and unloading of the bike safe and simple. Plenty of time on my hands to design the whole thing out. Can't wait to get home and fire up the welder.

·
Administrator
3,566 Posts
Picked up a Canon Rebel T3i. Son and brother have one and I've always used Canon SLR's so am quite happy with the brand. The pictures are sharper than my eyes. Glad to be getting back into photography. I've been doing the point and shoot thing far too lang.

Anybody still shooting film? Got a camera to unload.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts