Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here we go...!! I was starting to feel just a little like a gnarly troll. Because in all actuality I have not owned a Kawasaki since 1978, when I bought a new 250 dual sport, enduro, or whatever they called them back then. A few motorcycles since, mostly touring bikes, when from out of nowhere, came this serious interest KLR650's. I think the reason is that in my garage there is this gaping hole between an '05 FLHT and a 1980 Yamaha XT250 that I purchased a year ago, a sweet little unit that got me all nuts about the dirt again.
So, after looking all over this corner of the world, I found an '07 KLR650 a couple hundred miles from the house. It now fills that hole between the other two bikes. And I'm stoked. I've had a chance to put a few miles on it, and am quite pleased ..........goes down the hiway good, and felt quite secure on a local rutted Forest Service road up to a fire lookout. Glad I got those rides in, as it snowed last night and will be white a long time now in our mountains.
I'll post pics as soon as I'm able, and thanks for all the info I gleaned as a troll. It certainly helped me in looking for a bike. John

·
Administrator
8,370 Posts
Welcome to the forum, JG! We're glad you de-lurked. Go on over to the test post thread and slam down 13 more posts and then show us your '07. We'd even like to see the FLHT and the two-fitty!

Let me know if you want to be added to the user map.

Tom

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tom. I'm needing to figure what I'm going to use for my photo site, and it's been a while since I have done any of that, but I'll figure it out. I'll head over and add up some posts.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I went on a post binge and probably didn't need to to post these links. I'll get a little more sophisticated later, but here's my new bike, an '07 with 5600 miles on the clock. I brought it home a week ago last Wednesday, rode it a little, adjusted the bars and controls, changed oil and filter, did some other tinkering. I plan to change the coolant out when my Thermobob comes next week.....came with the skid plate, engine guard and the luggage. He threw in a fancy brass looking radiator fan, and a plug and play left side on/off headlight switch, a Clymer's manual, and orig. owners manual. No doohickey upgrade though. Tires are Kenda with around 500 miles.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzybt9f075ent25/2014-11-14 09.51.09.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5xp2u2urm6ts6b/2014-11-16 14.36.44.jpg?dl=0

Here's my '80 XT250:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/65rpa7knjva9ken/1980-01-01 00.00.44.jpg?dl=0

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Jonny! Just saw your new bike. Looks like a beauty!!
Thanks!.. I got it just in time to get a good Sunday ride in a couple weeks ago before it got cold and snowed. It's unusual to get up to that lookout this late in the year on a two wheeler..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool pics! That lookout looks like it's pretty high up! :)
It's the Stelico Lookout not far from where I live. It's only 2568 ft., probably one of the least highest in the state. But it' a great place to look around the lower end of our valley. There two others fairly close that overlook a much larger area that are both around 6500 ft. Our elevations are a bit wimpy compared to other states, with the highest year round highway, Sherman Pass, at only 5500ft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts