Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Working on my 15 posts.
Great site! Like many here, I could own almost any type of bike I really want, yet I am drawn to the jack-of-all-trades KLR650 as my first choice.
I guess we're all a bit crzy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've ridden a few KLR's before. Best time ever was racing from LA to Monterey for MotoGP races on the backroads with 6 other KLRs. Drafting at top speed Nascar style (I think it was 65mph).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hit snow one time riding from OC to San Francisco on the Cajon pass. Brought my Uncle along and all he had on was his Nam army jacket. Tough guy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had an MZ660 Black Panther which was a fantastic bike. If I could have found another one in bristol condition I might have bought that instead. 660 yam 5-valve is a nice motor.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But even with the Marzochi forks, 17's, and WP rear shock, I just could n't get the feel of the MZ or confidence like a KLR.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Met Billy Joel on Nantucket with that bike in 1993. He was walking by with Kristy Brinkly, and he stopped to chat. He liked the bike a lot.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny thing was I recognized him immediately, and just casually called him Billy. After he left the 5 minute conversation, my buddy says to me, "who was that guy, and how did you know him?". I said, "Schmuck. that was Billy frickin' Joel!!"

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My last bike was a KX250F Supermoto bike that I used to ride at Adam's Go Karts track in Ontario CA. Crzy fun, but those guys on the track are even scarier to ride around than the cutip haired old ladies around here. Nuts!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts