Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just joined the site. Hoping to learn what I can about the KLR's. I just bought a '13 KLR650 and I love it. I'm not looking forward to doing the doohickey mod, but from what I've read it seems to be necessary. I've got less than 2000 miles on it but I'm probably just going to get it out of the way.This forum seems to have some good people with good senses of humor. I look forward to reading and sharing when time permits,
Joel/ Jax, FL

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Joel.

The doohickey should be addressed in time with this motorcycle
but certainly no hurry. The factory upgraded the unit but it's still
weak on the tension end of things. Some of the guys have had 20-40,000
miles before putting in a better tension spring, or the entire assembly
(which we recommend) and that will give the adjuster a tight fit on the shaft
it mounts to. Reduces vibes, the number two cause of all mechanical failures.
#1 is improper or no lubrication of moving parts.

Enjoy the bike to the fullest of your skills!! It can handle it.
I hope you bought a black one. It's the fastest color.

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeap

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info on the doohickey, I really like this bike and want to take great care of it. I didn't realize it could wait that long.
It's black and candy green. I couldn't find one around here that I really liked so I got a ride down to Haines city to pick this one up. It took about 3 hours to get there but I had so much fun on it coming back I took about 5 hours to get home. :grin:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome to the insane asylum! Digitally speaking of course. After all we only exist in the computer.
Rides are out in this part of the world till the snow goes away in a week or 14.
Its up to you to help us snow locked dreamers to still enjoy riding. So post lots. Wrecking is strongly ill advised. Don't want to hear about that stuff. Fun is only fun if you can keep doing it!
Glad your lovin it! We do! That's why were here I guess. Not really. Id be out riding it they made a ski for it!
Greatest knowledge any where is here. use it and abuse it.
You do have to entertain us once in while though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Awesome forum here!

Wealth of knowledge and everyone stays away from the crazy comments and harassment. Crazy being rider bashing... It's nice!

So far I have received plenty of help! Great group of riders here. Enjoy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Joel,
I'm new to the forums as well....Just picked up a 2009 KLR with 2,166 miles. The kicker is it only cost me 1.200 bucks! Oh, and I had to drive to Coral Gables to get it. The guy bought it new and fell off twice. The second fall he broke his collar bone! After that he put it in storage. It has some hibernation sickness but a good cleaning and it runs like a dream. If you are interested and are looking for someone to ride with I'm in Gainesville.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts