Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Newbie Question!

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  larry31 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I pretty new to riding motorcycles, did my motorcycle license course passed it no problem and got a 2006 KLR 650.
Now i've been riding it after work in my neighborhood for about a week, to get the hang of it before going to play in traffic or the trails. Yesterday i stop at a stop sign and then processed to take off but the bike flew out of under me!! i guessing i let go of the clutch too fast and gave to much gas? i just want to know if that would be the reason my bike flew out for under me!

Anyways sorry for the newbie question, i just want to understand what happened!

Thanks in advance,

Xebaxtien

#2 ·
I hope you are enjoying cruising the neighborhood, learning the ropes, being careful, that's exactly how I did it. My brother, when he go his first bike, went straight for the highway like the regular nut he is! To each their own, I guess.

But yeah, you must have let the clutch out too quickly. Feather it slowly and get used to the friction zone, it'll become second nature in no time.

Have fun, sir!

#3 ·
JTCrow thats what i figured didn't feather the clutch!
Also i don't know how people do it, getting there first bikes then straight to highway. I can't wait to go fast with my KLR but i rather take it slow and safe to start with. :smile2:

Thanks for the response.

Cheers!

#7 ·
Taking off

Never pop the clutch at 6,000 rpm.

Ever hear of "Whip-Lash"?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.