Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first KLR last night and have a million questions.
1.) It's an 07 with lowering links and I am 6-1" so I would like to find some stock height links and raise it back up. Where do I look???? None on ebay.
2,) Sadly I'm 235lbs. and the suspension is really soft, can I increase the spring preload?.
3.) The bike only has 1800 miles and I assume the doohicky thing has not been done. Where to I go from here?
I'm an older guy who has been riding on the street for about 6 years and want to try some dual sport riding. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

·
Registered
663 Posts
You left out the “you like long walks on the beach” comment… HAHA
This is what I would do. Keep your eye open for one the short guys looking for lowering links and trade with him…. Give him yours and you get the stock links…
Welcome and have fun and remember… ALL THE GEAR ALL THE TIME
Crazy jake (Stanton)

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bigryamaha and congrats on the recent purchase. I'm sure you will be able to find several million answers to your questions here.
Here is my attempt at the first three:
1) I'm sure the dealer would be glad to find some stock links for you but hopefully someone here on the forum will be willing to part with theirs.
2) My 2009 rear shock has 5 settings. I have it set to 5 for hauling the usual camping load. I assume that the pre 08's have a similar adjustment.
3) Eagle Manufacturing & Engineering is THE place for the getting the doohicky parts. http://eagle-m-e.com/ Mike at Eagle is the authority on all things KLR and makes the finest parts.
Have fun with your new ride and post some pics when your count is up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a stock height 07 that is STD height. Just bought it last week. Have been thinking about getting the links and would consider a trade. Does your bike have the shorter kickstand?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Links

Dear Imthedude,
Yes I would consider a swap. I was hoping to just get some stock ones that someone had taken off so I don't have to have them off during the mail transition. Mine are Kouba Link 650-2 anodized gold color. I think they are pretty expensive new. Perfect condition. I'm not sure about the kickstand. If it is shorter, I'd swap that too. It's not obvious whether the stand has been cut. The bike sits really upright with the stand down but I need to see a stock set-up to know. If I has been cut, they did a pretty good job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts