Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just bought my first 650. I have wanted one for a few years so I had to sell my Suzuki Burgman. I bought a 2009 w 890 miles. I NEED TO KNOW THINGS. Change fluids for sure. I have heard about a doohickey....thingamajig..??? I would appreciate some education from the folks in the know. I also received a Clymers manual with it.
I have a 1998 Goldwing so I am not a complete klutz around motorcycles. I do most of my own maintenance...just need to know about the KLR. I plan on learning from ya'll on here. Thanks for the help and any information. I am glad I found this forum.
:mexican wave:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome! New myself. Lotsa info in here and nice folks. I hang out in the '87-'07 areas more, as mine's an '07. But several of the mods are common to all years.

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Feel free to use the forum search function to answer some of your questions. There is a lot of info about the Doohickey etc.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new (to you) KLR.
Plenty to learn around here, and really start to learn that search function.

And yes, do the Doohickey with the torsion spring for extra safety.

·
Registered
913 Posts
..........a 2009 w 890 miles.
With 890 miles on it I'd worry about the DOO later. Check the oil, air up the tires, lube the chain, gas it up, ride it. You may hate it and want to ship it to me just to get rid of it.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Welcome. Poke around a little. A LOT of your answers are in here. And if it's not making sense, folks will be happy to help.

Don't stress too much. :) Read up on the doohickey and check fluids, battery, easy stuff. Did you change the oil yet? If you said, forgive me. I just woke up. FYI, the drain plug strips REALLY easy. Careful.

Curious about the Burgman to KLR switch..

(I've always wanted a Burgman - someday)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts