Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday all
Just want to say hi and thanks. I have been researching for the past 3 months for which bike to get back on, a Transalp vs KLR. KLR IT IS!!!!!. Its been 10 years since throwing a leg over n am actually excited about getting onto something I can tour and explore with. I live central west NSW so will be clocking up some miles pretty easily. Ive worked out the mods I want and accessories, looking for a 2009/2010 with lowish km's. Im taking my time, will wait for the right bike, then will 'farkle it' the way I want. Will be asking heaps of questions re mods, big bore kits, seats and available accessories in australia as compared to usa. Looking fowrad to this new chapter n meeting new like minded people, will be doing the proverbial 'cape york' trip along with many others.
Thanks in advance for your help and must say one of the reasons I went with a KLR was the level of mods, accessories and support and the size of the local aussie forum and how there wasnt a mob of wankers (still not sure what words are inappropriate yet) or knockers trying to out do everyone else, just very supportive, so hats off to all of you.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Welcome to the forum strongy64!
There are other members on here from down under as well. I still haven't figured out how you guys don't just fall off, riding around upside down like that!! Is it old bubblegum that keeps you stuck to the seat?
Best Regards....justjeff

P.S. I am a 64baby as well but not 50 untill Sept11
jj

·
Administrator
3,694 Posts

Welcome to our little corner of the Net, the home of the world's most dedicated KLR 650 owners.

Reading is fun, but being involved is way better! Make us your online KLR 650 source.

Share your views, spread the word and bring your friends.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your KLR. You'll be able to show it off once you have 15 forum posts behind you.

Enjoy.

PS - If you haven't done so already please fill in your Location in the User CP under Edit Your Details.

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
JusJeff, I gotta 9/11 birthday too! Ugh. Welcome to the old farts club. 47 years old here.

Welcome strongy!

If you need a place to sleep, me n' mama always have a couch n' blanket available
if you visit the Great 48.

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Great bikes!! Period

·
Administrator
3,694 Posts
Will you guys stop talking about age??!!

You're all still babies, IMO.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Yes, welcome! I started back on two wheels at 49 (oops, age thing again) and have enjoyed the KLR ever since.

·
Administrator
3,694 Posts
Besides old, I suppose jealous. Enjoy youth. Getting old ain't fun.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Sounds like a case of Alberta Winter Blahs and Cabin Fever!! Spring is only 3 months away:animal0024:
jj

·
Administrator
3,694 Posts
Supposed to be +10C Saturday. If it looks like I can get the KLR to the street I'll be going for a ride. Weather looks almost spring like for the next week. We should meet for coffee in Smoky Lake.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm not sure what "Old" is. Wish I was still in my 50's.

This April I'll set out for my birthday on a ride down thru Texas ending up at Big Bend National Park. I'll have some excursions along the way like "Fate Bell" caves for the historic wall paintings. Then scoot over to "White Sands National Park."

I'll be sliding into 74 and wondering what old really is. There are virtues that come with age. First off, I'm not as dumb as I once was. Age can bring wisdom. Now I can guage myself and enjoy life a whole lot better. Everything is like a gift. When I was young there wasn't time to enjoy my life. Now there's time to soak in life's bounty.

O, I'll be riding from the nice little town of Norman, Okla.

·
Premium Member
5,603 Posts
I'm not sure what "Old" is. Wish I was still in my 50's.

This April I'll set out for my birthday on a ride down thru Texas ending up at Big Bend National Park. I'll have some excursions along the way like "Fate Bell" caves for the historic wall paintings. Then scoot over to "White Sands National Park."

I'll be sliding into 74 and wondering what old really is. There are virtues that come with age. First off, I'm not as dumb as I once was. Age can bring wisdom. Now I can guage myself and enjoy life a whole lot better. Everything is like a gift. When I was young there wasn't time to enjoy my life. Now there's time to soak in life's bounty.

O, I'll be riding from the nice little town of Norman, Okla.
Sage words, Joe Crumley. Enjoy that ride!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts