Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Years ago, back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth, I grew up riding Triumph Bonneville motorcycles.

At 650ccs and about 400 pounds, they shared both displacement and weight with the Kawasaki KLR650s if they shared nothing else.

Although they were certainly not "off-road" motorcycles, they were nimble enough to get me far enough away from Interstate 10 for the high desert of California, Arizona, New Mexico and West Texas to swallow me whole.

At this point in my life, I haven't owned a motorcycle in almost 30 years. However, I still have a m/c endorsement on my driver's license. And of course I hope that the skill is "like riding a bicycle" because I've decided to buy a KLR650 and hit the road to find "the meaning of life".

Since I'm now retired and living on a fixed income I hope to find a deal on a used one that's in reliable condition. Because I'm older now, I will probably NOT be planning trips to Tierra Fuego. However, I do aspire to induce the high desert to swallow me yet again.

It looks like I might be able to find a decent one at a price point between $2000 - $4000.

Does that sound about right?

Thanks,

Vernon

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi vtuck2 that intro sounds so much like me basic same story only on the east coast . I think you should be able to pick up a sweet ride in that price range just take your time and something will come along I picked up a sweet 2010 with 2600 miles this summer in your price range and have no regrets and welcome to the club

·
Registered
387 Posts
Sounds right to me Vernon.

Got my KLR for $2500 and it reminds me of the '65 BSA Hornet I rode back in the day in every respect except horse power.

Best wishes and remember to keep the wheels on the ground. :)

·
Administrator
3,565 Posts
Welcome aboard. Let us know when you get the bike. Feel free to ask questions or browse the Forum so you are an educated buyer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts