Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little late in posting this, since I just went to Mark B's extremely excellent tech day yesterday, but better late than never!

I have a 1995 KLR masquerading as a 2006 (original owner really, really didn't like the 95 colors); it's my first bike.

I've had it for a little over a year, so I'm feeling pretty good on pavement, but need more time on dirt for sure. (AFAIK, nearest dirt to me is a few roads in the Delta. Most fun I've had so far is fire roads up north of Lassen.)

It was great to meet some of the community at the tech day, and I'm definitely looking forward to more.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Good Afternoon Beej,

It was great working on our Torsion Springs "Do'S" on Sunday. Let me know if you are interested in or going for a ride.The Delta is not a bad area to tool around. I too would like more experience with off road.

Snakeboy66

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I'm in Benicia and have found some cool places to ride in the wetlands. Let me know when you want to do it and I'm down. Weekends are best, but I play hooky from work for MC rides. :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Good Afternoon Beej,

It was great working on our Torsion Springs "Do'S" on Sunday. Let me know if you are interested in or going for a ride.The Delta is not a bad area to tool around. I too would like more experience with off road.

Snakeboy66
Snakeboy,
Where have you found trails in the delta to offload if I may ask? I'm in Oakley and have been looking around a bit with no luck. If you're ever heading out this way hit me up if you'd like another riding buddy. My times always tight with the family but I'll see what I can do.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Hello ArcticKLR,

Family is top priority. The trails I have found are illegal, but the roads on the levee offer some real nice riding. I will look you up the next time I am out there.

Are you a boater? I have a classic fiber glass boat up at Bethel Island. We can also do a "Tech Day" on the water.

Snakeboy66

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I'm in Benicia and have found some cool places to ride in the wetlands. Let me know when you want to do it and I'm down. Weekends are best, but I play hooky from work for MC rides. :)
Good Evening Lockjaw,

Let me know when you are "playing hooky" given enough notice I may be able to join you. It was good seeing you at the Tech Day.

Snakeboy66

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heya guys,

I'm always looking for more dirt in the "local" Bay Area. I have a number of Google Maps I've cooked up that show unexpected dirt roads... I'll consolidate them and post a link.

A lot of the stuff in the Delta looks like paved road that's been reverted to gravel.

Even not on dirt, though, the Delta has a lot of cool stuff out there we can ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts