Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While out on a ride in beautiful country and perfect weather I stopped for a drink of water, my phone rings, it's a buddy calling to say a friend and of mine was in a serious motorcycle crash and had been airlifted to Phoenix. No details yet. I'm avoiding the gossip on social media. It's an awful feeling.

·
Premium Member
7,015 Posts
I hope it is not as bad as first made out to be. :(

·
Registered
419 Posts
Any updates on his condition?

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for asking. He is stable, no brain damage but one eye lost and severe mouth and jaw injuries. No real news as to how it happened but impact with a guard rail caused the most severe injuries.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hoping he heals up quickly, as best as possible.

Reactions: Vgraf

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally caught up to the latest news about my friend who had a bad crash a couple of weeks ago. The news is very good, he's out of ICU and next week should be able to stand and take a few steps.

As is common in early reports of accidents much of what we heard initially was not accurate. He did not lose an eye (thank the Lord) , no brain damage, and, no serious lower extremity injury. The lower face and jaw took the worst hit along with a badly broken right hand.

Little is known about how the accident happened. He was riding alone on a country two lane. Shortly after the crash a car carrying a pastor and a trauma nurse arrived at the scene, summoned aid and likely saved his life.

Hospital staff told his wife that it's a miracle he survived.

·
Administrator
3,609 Posts
Thanks for the update and great to hear that he is doing so much better.

·
Premium Member
7,015 Posts
That is very good news.

Best wishes to your friend & his family.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all for your concern and best wishes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts