Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda sucks. I always enjoyed riding the KLR to work fairly regularly at least 5-6 months out of the year when the weather is decent. Had a Full Moon tonight which makes for a great ride home at 11:00PM.

But, I'm switching to days. My wife used to work here in town, 6 blocks from our house, but last February she started working in a day slot where I do.

Since it's a 60-mile round trip for both of us, the gas is killing us and it's just kind of a waste, so I decided it would be best if I switched to days. It will save us a lot of money plus no more worries about what we'd do if one of our vehicles broke down. She has weekends off and I'll have Sundays/Mondays off, so we can ride together 4 days a week.

So, the only time I'll be able to ride to work is on Saturdays or holidays when she's off and I have to work or when she takes a day off.

On the bright side, we actually have a really nice weight/exercise room at work. She gets off at 4:30 and I'll get off at 3:30, so I figure I'll go up and work out for that hour while I wait for her which will do me some good.

Still, I'm gonna miss those regular rides home at night on the aptly-named Midnight Possum KLR. I've always really enjoyed riding in the dark. I'll still be able to, just not as much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looking at the end too but it will be from the brine they dump on the roads in Ohio hope the weather holds out. :surrender:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts