Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have this app on my phone, AdvDBMeter. I can’t attest to its accuracy so keep that in mind. I’m away on a job and have the weekend off. Sitting this morning on my third floor balcony drinking coffee I notice it sure is noisy and turn this app on. Background noise with traffic stopped at the lights around 70 dB. Normal traffic moving below 80-85 dB. Here comes a DRZ 400 pulling away from the light pretty hard and I can tell he has an aftermarket pipe, as he goes by I see the distinct Yoshimura logo on it, 90 dB. A Victory cruiser with aftermarkets 90 dB also. Semi’s going by were +90 dB. A city bus wins the prize spiking the meter at 93.9 dB.

Coming into town I noticed a sign that read something like this “Motorcycle noise and muffler laws strictly enforced”.

·
Administrator
8,361 Posts
That's sounds about right, maybe a touch to the high side.

It would be interesting to compare it to a sound meter and see how good it is.

When are you coming to Redondo? :^)

T

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean this place?

photo RB by a99flash, on Flickr

Already here.

La Playita's for lunch? I'm buying. I'll be the old guy in the KTM shirt.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Interesting. I guess being hard of hearing has it's up sides.

I hope you can hook up with Tom!

·
Administrator
8,361 Posts
Had a nice Mexican dinner with flash and Daniel. Good food and very pleasant company!

flash said something about it being a small world; now I have that damn song in my head...

T

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a nice Mexican dinner with flash and Daniel. Good food and very pleasant company!

flash said something about it being a small world; now I have that damn song in my head...

T
The Chile Verde was excellent, thanks for suggesting the Coyote Cantina. The Dos Equis was good also !!!

Great to have been able meet and put a face and personality to a forum member Tom. And BTW you can use my real name here...Larry.

Daniel has been wanting to go to Disneyland but I said it would have to be without me. Funny you should mention "It's a Small World". Many years ago at Disneyland the boats got stuck on that attraction.....for about 30 minutes. The only thing that didn't stop was that damned song. Thanks for bringing that up. Now it's stuck in MY head.

·
Administrator
8,361 Posts
It would have been nice to have a draft Dos Equis, but 8 hours from the bottle to the throttle.

Next time I'll ride my bicycle...

T

1 - 7 of 7 Posts