Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello boys and girls, my question to the community involves the vibration issue I have read about with the nomad rider crash bars. I, like many other like the look and possibly the extra protection that the nomad riders offer. Would it be possible, to try to get the motech anti vibration inserts and use them with the nomad rider bars. Seems to me that the motechs probably had the same issue yet they found a way to minimize it. I checked twisted throttle's website and did not see a way to purchase just those parts, however I do still believe that it may be the fix for the issue. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
I guess that I am/was unaware that there was an abnormal issue with either of them. More info? Or a link to more info?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have the motechs. The "anti-vibration" is just a little rubber sticker placed on the inside of the clamps that mount to the frame near the footpegs. Then the parts that bolt to the front engine mounts have rubber inserts that need be placed inside the holes of the mounting tabs of the bars themselves. I'm not familiar with the nomads. But I can't see how the motech stuff would help a different crash bar unless the mounting was the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess that I am/was unaware that there was an abnormal issue with either of them. More info? Or a link to more info?
That information is on this website. not quite sure exactly where but various searches and even a video with the camera focused on the bars showing the vibration occurring as he revved the motor, yet my whole new motorcycle shakes when I do that especially the rear tail light area. Perhaps some vibration is inherent with all the manufactures and I should just let it go. Also, I would think that most bar manufactures are using the same mounting points for their bars as there probably are not that many good spots to begin with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the motechs. The "anti-vibration" is just a little rubber sticker placed on the inside of the clamps that mount to the frame near the footpegs. Then the parts that bolt to the front engine mounts have rubber inserts that need be placed inside the holes of the mounting tabs of the bars themselves. I'm not familiar with the nomads. But I can't see how the motech stuff would help a different crash bar unless the mounting was the same.
I would think that most bar manufactures are using the same mounting points for their bars as there probably are not that many good spots to begin with.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I did quite a bit of research on crashbars before buying the Nomads in January.

KamoKLR: KLR650 Crash Bar Options

That was about 2,000 miles ago. So far, the KLR650 equipped with the Nomads has seen about everything it's going to see, including some extended, high-speed (for a KLR) highway time and a couple dual sport rallies. I've experienced no vibration. They have a solid three-point mount on the frame (unlike many others, e.g. Givi). I didn't come across any info about vibration issues with the Nomads.

I did have to replace my right guard after the down tube mount snapped after a rally tumble. Nomad had a new bar in my hands in five days under their warranty. I have a blog post on that.

KamoKLR: Nomad Rider Crash Bars Broke / Cracked

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just got done yesterday installing the Nomad's and taking her for a ride. I don't have any extra vibration either that i can tell.

Very nice bars and works well with the Ricochet skid plate. They also look darn good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I installed mine then rode about 1700 miles (Sacramento to Midland TX) right at 4500 rpm +/- 100 rpm it has a notable vibration (62ish mph) easy solution just ride a bit slower or faster..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts