Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new to the site. I had purchased an 04 but in 08 I went on a trip and on the way home the doohickey let go. Not wanting to get stuck I kept riding. I made it home but that was the end of the engine. So 6 years later it's time to get another KLR. I love the KLR because of it's versatility and I like riding it like a 250. The doohickey will be done as get it home!

·
Lifetime Member
2,484 Posts
Hi everyone, new to the site. I had purchased an 04 but in 08 I went on a trip and on the way home the doohickey let go. Not wanting to get stuck I kept riding. I made it home but that was the end of the engine. So 6 years later it's time to get another KLR. I love the KLR because of it's versatility and I like riding it like a 250. The doohickey will be done as get it home!
Hi bonez, welcome to the forum!

Are you going to be buying another gen 1 or going for a gen 2? With our long winters you've got lots of time to shop anyway, lol :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like buy at least an 2011. As for the winter it's been pretty nice so far but I won't hold my breath on it staying like this.

·
Lifetime Member
2,484 Posts
I would like buy at least an 2011. As for the winter it's been pretty nice so far but I won't hold my breath on it staying like this.
I like the gen 2's. Most of my riding is on pavement or gravel roads so the added wind protection is nice. I have an 08, but luckily it's not one of the oil burners.

Another cool forum to check out if your not already a member is http://albertadualsport.com/

Some great local people on that site and they organize rides and such on occasion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts