Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked this up yesterday.

Clean, low miles & several accs. included.
I'm 50 and been riding murdercycles since about 12, 15 on the street. I've owned 3 of the big 4 Jap brands (no Yamaha) and Ducati, Benelli, Triumph, Maico, Husky and even a Cooper (Not many of you remember Coopers I bet). Never met a scooter I didn't like but this is one I've considdered buying several times over the years. For whatever reason didn't do it till now.
I'm looking forward to putting some miles on this sucker. See yawl around the forums.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Luv it. Been doing the 68mi round trip to work and a little more on weekends. Very comfy except seat. Been looking at seat options and may try the Travelcade foam/cover. I've seen some decent feedback on it. I'm gonna add a 16t countershaft & Pirrellis when these 750s wear out which won't be very long. They handle well enough on the street but aren't gonna last more than 5/6k it seems. I've bumped the preload on the shock up and added a .5" longer spacer in the forks but really need springs all around. @ 280# in the buff I'm just too heavy for the stock springs.
Altogether it's gonna serve well as a general commuter/fun bike. I should have bought one of these a long time ago.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Been looking at seat options and may try the Travelcade foam/cover.
As mentioned here, the cover's not waterproof, so take that into account when you wash the bike or ride in the rain.

I've had my Travelcade seat for 3 years and I find it very comfortable, and if you slap a section of sheepskin under it, it's even better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As mentioned here, the cover's not waterproof, so take that into account when you wash the bike or ride in the rain.

I've had my Travelcade seat for 3 years and I find it very comfortable, and if you slap a section of sheepskin under it, it's even better.

Cool, I just won one on eBay NIB for $95 delivered. Hope my butt likes it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts