Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well. Here I am. Bought an '06 Lime green KLR650 a couple days ago.
It's too tall, I am terrified of slowing down and stopping cuz I'm gonna drop it, and I feel out of control on low speed tight turns...... But I LOVE it!
Took it out for an hour this morning roaming the paved backroads in Scottsdale, and Rio Verde, AZ. It was awesome.
I've only been riding on and off every few years over my 53 year life....so I still consider myself a newish rider.
Maybe I had the wrong bikes.....cuz I was riding faster, smoother, and more confidently than ever before. Go figure.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Welcome,welcome,welcome.
You have great territory to ride in.You can lower the bike some,that may help.Lowered Kays (Kaylr) for her and made a big differance for her.Anyhow,have fun

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Nice to be here.
A fellow I know down the street tinkered with something to lower the suspension (I think) as much as possible...it helped a bit. I think I'll just get used to it.
Can anyone tell me how to change my user name? For some reason my email address ended up there. I don't mind with you folks....but don't need some spammer comin' around pickin' up info like that! Thanks!
I tried in the quick links on top right of page...but no luck.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome. You've got a great ride. You can buy lowering links for the rear shock and raise the front forks through the front fork triple clamps. You can also buy a shorter kickstand too. You need to do the last one if you lower it. You're an inspiration to all. Be safe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried User Cp....but found out in FAQs that we can't change our name. The administrator must. Here's info:
It is your responsibility to keep the information in your profile up-to-date. You should especially ensure that your email address is kept current. You can alter any of the fields in your profile, except your username. Once you have registered your username, it becomes yours for life. In extreme circumstances, you may request that the administrator change your username, but he or she will require a very good reason to do so."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!
I've got a mean green 08 myself and love it. Since I'm little short of leg, I bought a set of 1 inch lowering links and raised the fork legs 1/2 in. in the triple trees,made a big difference at stop lights.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks VERY much to the administrator who fixed my user name problem. It was speed of light service.

Thanks for the suggestions re: lowering links. I'm going to ride around some more and see if I can adjust.
My legs aren't all that short....I have to remember I just hopped off a Yamaha TW200 and got on the KLR. The Tw's are great fun.....but they are glorified scooters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts