Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to drop a 2009 on the right side while in the garage today:ashamed0001: Starts and runs as long as the choke is on and the throttle is not touched. Shut off the choke or give it gas and the engine dies. Where do I start? :confused:

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
you might check your thottle and choke cables to see if they are still seated in there holders.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Managed to drop a 2009 on the right side while in the garage today:ashamed0001: Starts and runs as long as the choke is on and the throttle is not touched. Shut off the choke or give it gas and the engine dies. Where do I start? :confused:

The charcoal cannister (black plastic cylinder by the shock left side) will get filled up with gas when the bike is on it's side. One of the gas tank vent lines connects to the top of it. There's a bottom line that drains into the carb intake. You can take off that line to drain it or let the bike run awhile to suck out the gas.

Also look on the back of the petcock and be sure the vacuum line is seated.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maprimm, Spec, appreciate the feedback. Will check it out tomorrow morning. Crazy Jake, just getting over the flu. Bikes been sitting the past three to four weeks.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Glasser

Yes what Spec is saying i forgot about the caniser do tat as well let it run the fuil out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just let it run for a while it will clean itself out.

Kurt

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got lucky. Drained the carb float chamber and all is well. Kinda odd, have dropped it in the dirt before and no problem. Imagine I would have accomplished the same thing by letting it run. Thanks again to all who responded. :ashamed0001:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts