Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I was.. I am in S. Georgia.... I have put all the Great Mods on her and did all the upgrades except. the Dohicky.... Now working too much and injured my arm and shoulder so i have not ridden for about 4-5 months.. I am considering selling her. she is ready for the Trans america. and only 2000 miles on the odo....

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hang in there. I almost gave up on riding after spending 60 days in the hospital with more broken bones than I care to list here. When I got back on my feet, I couldn't even throw a leg over a motorcycle and almost gave up, but I persisted with the physical therapy and it slowly came back. I bought a new KLR and have been riding ever since, going on seven years now.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Nope, don't sell it! Several years ago I got an extended holiday in an ICU and then close to a year of PT following an "incident" between me on a motorcycle and a car. Very glad I didn't sell any bikes . . . . other than the one I was riding at the time, which the insurance company purchased. Between the cost of selling, the cost of buying another later on as well as the hurdle of making another bike "yours" it is seriously false economy. Particularly with a bike that looks as nice and well farkled as yours does! It was a year and a half before I could get on a bike again and I was very glad I still had it!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Captsam, just curious on what you decided. That is a very good looking motorcycle and I hope you have starting riding! I had a shoulder surgery which kept me off the bike for a good while. So happy to be riding again.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for asking.. I have decided to go lighter as i am still having problems with my shoulder.... Like a 200/ 250 cc light dual sport... So I am still selling my KLR...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts