Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Uhhhh well I am a farmer….so there’s that bit of info lol. A lawn Garden Tractor has its place just like everything else, just not anything I would need it for. I do appreciate all collector tractors, especially those little hit n miss engines. Always wanted one for no particular reason.
I suppose if I farmed a 300sq/ft piece of land, it would get the job done just fine :LOL:
Ah now you did it!!!!
You went and pissed off the LGT community :LOL:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hates meeses to pieces.

My bike sits outside under a cover and doesn't get used nearly as much as I'd like it to and that leads to concerns about rodent invasion. Now, just because a thing hasn't happened is not proof that a preventative measure has worked, but I haven't had mouse problems, though I know they are in the neighborhood.
I hates meeses to pieces.

My bike sits outside under a cover and doesn't get used nearly as much as I'd like it to and that leads to concerns about rodent invasion. Now, just because a thing hasn't happened is not proof that a preventative measure has worked, but I haven't had mouse problems, though I know they are in the neighborhood.

View attachment 35880
Is this particular mod part of the JD kit instructions, or was it random? I have a JD jet kit and debating on doing the mod. How’s it working?

·
Registered
Early 2014 KLR650
237 Posts
I'd never laugh or be surprised. There's a slew of different types of interesting collectors here on the Forum. Guns, knives, razors, ink pens . . . . . . Vintage sewing machines was the best !!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mice can cause some very expensive and problematic issues. Like when they develop a taste for wire insulation. I've kept my bikes in the barn and shop and mice are everywhere. I've gone the dryer sheet route for the last ten or fifteen years and no problems. IF you happen to miss removing one of sheets you'll notice the smell of cotton candy. Smells ok but burnt dryer sheets leave a residue that takes some scrubbing to remove. And yes, I give my riding lawn mower the same treatment when it gets put away!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I won't describe each and every one in huge detail, but the two on the left are 1965 Round Fender 110s. Very very rare and very hard to find. The one with the armrests on the seat is my father's 1973 140H3 very popular LGT but difficult to find in good condition anymore. The only tractors I still have are the two 1965 Round Fender 110s and the 1973 140H3.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Plant Tractor
F'in AWESOME!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Got an old (60s?) 127 Cub Cadet that I still mow with, original engine.
Along with a large John Deere forum I was also involved with a large Cub Cadet forum as well. A number of 127 owners on that forum. Pretty cool tractors. The only CC I had was the '72 IHCC 149. One of the most comfortable LGTs to drive. Loved it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There are peppermint bases sprays that work well. My motorcycle with have a nice minty fresh sent this winter. Search Sean Woods (Mouse trap Monday) on Youtube. Very educational. Sean Woods tested the peppermint.

I learned that cayenne pepper works for squirrels after one chewed through my air bag sensors, chewed a hole in my plastic brake reservoir (attempted murder) and then dropped 3 babies in my fender.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There are peppermint bases sprays that work well. My motorcycle with have a nice minty fresh sent this winter. Search Sean Woods (Mouse trap Monday) on Youtube. Very educational. Sean Woods tested the peppermint.

I learned that cayenne pepper works for squirrels after one chewed through my air bag sensors, chewed a hole in my plastic brake reservoir (attempted murder) and then dropped 3 babies in my fender.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I grew up on a farm. In high school, I fired up my Honda 350 four cylinder and soybeans shot out of the JC Whitley slip on exhaust. Fortunately that was the only place I ever had a problem. Too many choices in the machine shed possibly
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
Klr 650
13 Posts
Added some Tusk crash bars to my 09 KLR. Decided to do a full check of everything that's usually covered. Plug was fine but the air box was a different story. It was crammed full of a mouse nest. Fortunately, the little bugger did not go any further as the element was intact! Time to clean the filter.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Get a cat bro

21 - 35 of 35 Posts