Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any type of "grommet or damping thing " in the front prongs holding the seat to the tank ?
When I put my seat into the prongs on the tank, it seems to move slightly. Not much movement, but just not a tight fit. It is definitely connected, and the rear bolt holes line up OK.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Is there any type of "grommet or damping thing " in the front prongs holding the seat to the tank ?
When I put my seat into the prongs on the tank, it seems to move slightly. Not much movement, but just not a tight fit. It is definitely connected, and the rear bolt holes line up OK.
If you're talking about the plastic prongs that connect to the tank, mine allow some wiggle room, too. No damping unless you're butt's in the seat. :)

I've also joined the "no bolts in the seat" club, FWIW.

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
I was in the NBITS Club until I bought a Rick Mayer seat. Now I'm using allen head bolts because I'm scared someone will rip off my seat if there are no bolts to keep it there.

Reactions: pdwestman

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
I took all my bolts out to save weight.

Yes, it'll wiggle just a bit. You can easily cram a spacer or rubber piece in there
if it's too annoying.

I'm a member of the no-bolt acronym club too on the seat.
Seat considering unnecessary mounts, but all's good (SCUMBAG)

·
Premium Member
5,481 Posts
I hereby propose we replace NBITS with SCUMBAG. NBITS sounds like a dry dog food.

SCUMBAG has a nice ring to it.......

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
It needs work.
My idea doesn't fit quite right.

Tried to be phunnie.

TUB Tossed Unnecessary Bolts?
RASTA Removed Annoying Steel Torqued Article?
"Free Seat" Club? LOL Just yank it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts