Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today
I thought I would change the oil on the klr. Its 09 with 1600 miles on it. The first oil change I did and I was careful when putting the mounting pin back in the filter and assembly. The second oil change done at 560 miles was done by the dealer. They did not put the mounting pin back into the filter. Now i only rode a thousand miles that way . I know if its not put back the correct way it can impede the oil flow. But if its not there? does it not filter as well?I don't believe anything is damaged other than my ability to trust that dealer. I ordered a new one should be here friday.. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance..:35a:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Put the new one in and don't ever go back to the dealer. And go give them a piece of your mind/foot.

·
Registered
72 Posts
As stated, go back to the dealer and ask to speak to the tech that did the work. As him/her to explain why the simple job of an oil/filter change was not done properly. I would also have the dealership acknowledge in writing the screw up and in turn pass this along to Kawasaki head office. You want it on record what happened. Lastly, have the dealership compensate you for the missing part. If they are not prepared to do the above, publish their name on all the KLR forums to warn the ususpecting amongts us.

·
Registered
72 Posts
For some, the idea of working on their own bike is "out of their league" and frighting. For some, it is why we bought a KLR in the first place; the fun in servicing, maitaining and of course, farkling. Each to their own comfort level I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts