Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Yeah, here's a thumper! Great little bike, even hauls my big rear around at 60mph. I think it will go for sale next spring though for something a bit more dirt bikeish, or if I get really rich somehow a Strom.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
BikerDave said:
Hows this for a "vintage" adventure bike!!..............1982 XL500R, my "other" thumper

1. Two cylinders does not qualify as "thumper" (I think?) :roll:

2. Nice carpet! :lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Buildit said:
BikerDave said:
Hows this for a "vintage" adventure bike!!..............1982 XL500R, my "other" thumper

1. Its not a twin...it's a 500 single.... :roll:

2. Thanks! Its an Alaska sheepskin buttpad....oooooooh so comfy!!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
BikerDave said:
Buildit said:
BikerDave said:

1. Its not a twin...it's a 500 single.... :roll:

2. Thanks! Its an Alaska sheepskin buttpad....oooooooh so comfy!!
Sorry I saw the two mufflers and thought two cylinder. My bad :oops:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, the twin headpipes throw off alot of people...lol....only one muffler on it though. My brother's F650GS really confuses people cuz it does have twin mufflers, kinda pointless if you ask me... :?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Very Sweet Ride Dave!
Some would wonder if you really need a KLR.
The ole XRs are imfamous!
Nice to see some of you guys have preserved our history.
I've done my time on the DT 400 and Roosted first year addition of the XT 500 for 20 years :p
Rod,,,,,,,,,wishin I could prove it :oops:

·
Registered
40 Posts
My brother's F650GS really confuses people cuz it does have twin mufflers, kinda pointless if you ask me... :?[/quote]

Yea, what is it, like storage or somethin in the left muffler? :p
Rod

·
Registered
26 Posts
Zrod said:
Very Sweet Ride Dave!
Some would wonder if you really need a KLR.
The ole XRs are imfamous!
Nice to see some of you guys have preserved our history.
I've done my time on the DT 400 and Roosted first year addition of the XT 500 for 20 years :p
Rod,,,,,,,,,wishin I could prove it :oops:
Thanks! I picked it up for 900 bucks a couple years ago, a little tweaking and farkling and suddenly....an adventure bike! lol! I really enjoy the old bikes, but my KLR is definitely a lot nicer for longer trips. I'm running Kenda 761's on the XL and it really sticks on the mountain roads up here!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Zrod said:
My brother's F650GS really confuses people cuz it does have twin mufflers, kinda pointless if you ask me... :?

Yea, what is it, like storage or somethin in the left muffler? :p
Rod[/quote]

One side of the f650 is a fake muffler- it's actually a catalytic converter....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hayduke,

Maybe I should meet you and the Mrs around Salida for a ride, there is a dirt cnty rd from Salida at the west end of town that goes east to cty rd 2 and ends just north of hwy 50 on hwy 9. Is she ready for dirt , easy forest rd for about 34 miles. :?:

Nick

·
Registered
477 Posts
My Dad gave me this bike 14 years ago, and I still have it. A 1978 Suzuki DR 370. It is probably the most reliable bike I have ever owned. It starts on 1 kick every time. I have replaced tires, spark plugs and oil and thats it!!....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oldies

When I was a kid (15) I had a 1970 Triumph 250 single. Befor that I had A wards riverside 360 single from the mid sixties. I 50 now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts