Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All my favorite forums are black. I'm not sure what everone else whats, but I say if you get around to doing some grahics/ etc, you give it a black theme.

What do you all think?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Sorry to say there will not be black styles here. I just dont like the looks of them, they usually do not have a family feel to them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good to me. I like the idea of promoting a family atmosphere. This site definitely needs some atmosphere though. Bikescout, you know about graphics design don't you?

Skip Hunt?

·
Registered
425 Posts
For now the design stays, I am working on some bigger better things for the site that will be finished before I do any design work to it. I dont tend to jazz my sites up, simple and functional tends to be the best way to go.

·
Registered
71 Posts
There are a ton of 'user selectable' skins available for php forums. I don't know how much work they are to add to the board, but then the members have the option to choose the color scheme they like the best. Personally, I like the 'Millenium Falcon' skin.

This is just one site that google pulled up for php skins:

http://www.phpbbstyles.com/

·
Registered
425 Posts
But the modifications installed in the software does not work with ever skin, and it would have to manually linked to each skin. Way to time investing seeing as how php forums are free.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have decided to leave all of the technical decisions to Jason. After all it is his site...LOL :lol:

I just want to make a comment about how things are going so far here at this site. AWESOME! :wink:

I really enjoy getting in everytime, no crashes and no filth.

I really like the healthy atmosphere that is generated here and the input and info is growing daily.

If that isn't enough I don't worry about losing all the info that is growing as well.

Thanks Jason!! :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Glad you enjoy the site. Its nice to catch a compiment from time to time, helps make the work a little easier.

As for content loss, automatic daily backups :wink: get saved in 3 locations, if something happens I can have things back up fairly quick.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Black usually means white text which usually means a problems with a quote (reply) to someone that is using a dark text and light background and visa versa. At least this is what I experienced at .net when I was using a black background.

KLR Green and Red would be good (NOT!).

I did read, at .net, someone saying the other forums were not fun. So here it is, Whoo Hoo!!! Are we having fun yet? :lol:

·
Registered
425 Posts
If they arent fun, then why do they come here :?:

I rather they stay out if they dont like it.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
klr650 said:
If they arent fun, then why do they come here :?:

I rather they stay out if they dont like it.
That is one way too look at it and another is it was nice they experienced another KLR forum. Can't please everyone all the time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts