Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,596 Posts
I've done that and it's really hard to get enough of an angle to get your wheels up over those rails to the outside and safety. As demonstrated in the video, all you can do is dump it and try to drag it over the rails.

I had an unpopular opinion lately when somebody I worked with was hit by a train in their car and sued the railroad saying they couldn't see a train approaching an ungated intersection due to excessive foliage along the tracks that blocked their view of it.

To me, bottom line is if you get hit by a train, it's your fault whether the crossing guards are working or not. Even if the gates are up, I always look either way before crossing the tracks and I would say that's the reason tankers and schoolbuses always do the same.

An area in a nearby town has signs at the crossings saying to be cautious because a lot of the locomotives/trains are operated by remote control and there are no humans on board. That's kind of disturbing.....

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
WOW!!
Adrenalin is brown and smells like poopy diapers!!
A train ALWAYS has the right of way. I've never seen one stop for auto traffic yet!!
jj

·
Registered
118 Posts
That is, quite possibly, the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Don't get out much do ya!!! LOL Do a few searches on YouTube there's way stupider than that!!
Best Regards....justjeff

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hah, ironically, i don't spend much time on youtube because I'm usually outside doing things.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That was close!
There are railroad tracks just up the road from me. I've seen a few wrecks there, and it's always the car/truck drivers fault.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Holy Crap--makes you think

1 - 11 of 11 Posts