Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Last July I got my 08 greenie. First bike in 25 years fell in love with it. Got involved in some TDP rides down here in the south east and learned what I had to do to make her///dirt worthy. So I got her "farkled up"

7100 miles and 12 months later I'm happy to report, I have made TDP, TDA and TDT runs, I have taken 2 bucks out of the woods as well as 3 hogs hunting on it in the first year. She has been down in the dirt a few times only to get back up,shake out the mud and continue to get me where I had to go. She takes me to work and back 9 out of 10 work days all year long.

I got the wiring harness/ muffler bolt recalls done, don't burn any oil, but I did have a subframe bolt fall out with less then 2000 miles on her. That was fixed in the camp ground at TDP.

She's reliable,pretty good on the MPG, FUN to ride and pretty much been a trouble free bike the frst year..yea I LIKE IT!!!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey Capt stan,

I see you are sporting the HT Crash Bars. I am trying to decide between those and the SW Motek ones. Can you or anyone else report on why you went with a certain type? The SW's sound like they are harder to install (uses subframe bolts)

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
To be totally superficially honest, I liked the way the motech looked. They weren't hard to install. I think MarkB4 and I did em in one or two beers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts