Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 klr650. I rode the bike last month and had no issues. ( the bike is now out of warranty) I tried to ride the bike today and it wouldn't start... After a few tries i was able to gt it to start just with the choke on. It immediately dies after I take the choke off. I followed some advice and removed the carburetor and checked all the main and pilot valves for signs of dirt or clogging. When I took the carb apart is was very clean ..just like new as the bike only has 750 miles on it. I am really frustrated ...Not sure what it could be. the bike is just like new:brick:

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Could be diaphragm air leak. What shape was it in (any tears or holes?) when you disassembled your carb; are you sure you got it assembled correctly (diaphragm solidly in channel around mixing chamber)?

Reckon maybe too-low float height could be a cause . . .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply there were no tears the carburetor was in the like brand new condition no adjustments made to the float it’s at factory setting like a said it was brand new very strange

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you keep the Choke on, would it keep running?
I don't know what that means, but I want to ask the Q.
Also, did you blow out the carb jets et al despite the carb being niceNnewNshiney?
I've seen some BS clogs (microscopic almost) and I'm not even a Mechanic...
Is this a Calif Bike? Are all your hoses connected (esp. tank hose)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow it appears that there were some small narrow plastic bags wrapped around the pet cock tube’s. Evidently from sitting in the show room floor some hater put them in the tank. Really pissed me off at least I’m up and running thanks to all

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Wow it appears that there were some small narrow plastic bags wrapped around the pet cock tube’s. Evidently from sitting in the show room floor some hater put them in the tank. Really pissed me off at least I’m up and running thanks to all
In the tank, one finds the "normal" standpipe, and the reserve standpipe. Someone actually went inside the tank and occluded the flow from these with small, narrow plastic bags? Or did they just stuff plastic bags into the tank, bags whose natural unfurling occluded petcock fuel flow?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts